Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
i had a trracer deluxe before my phantom. it costs about $40 used.i really liked it considering i spent $40 on it, enouhg to make me sell my semi and buy a phantom atleast. mavericks are the same thing as trracers so i would recomend buying either one of those. i wouldn't recomend upgrading it a lot though. all i did was put a 12 gram adapter and home made stick feed on mine and i was fine. you can upgrade the barrel though. there is a barrel called the eliminator i think, that costs about $15 on ebay, and also the ceramic for about $45 http://jjperformance.com/mcart/index.cgi?code=3&cat=19, and one other barrel for about $70, the armson barrel or w/e.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I would definatly reccomend the ACI Maverick. They are very reliable, and very accurate. However, if you use cheap paint in them, they tend to chop a little bit, so keep that in mind when you are tempted by walmart's paint! ;0

·
Registered
52 Posts
With all pumps they are more likely to chop if you do not cock them fully. Remember that you are in manual control of the opening and closing of the port, so you have to take a full stroke before each shot. Also with pumps that have the auto trigger you have to remember that if you roll off shot after shot (by holding the trigger and pumping) you're more likely to chop if the balls don't feed right.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts