Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I hope I am posting this in the correct section.

My name is Kevin, I'm a student at University of Denver and I'm in the leadership program here. I'm looking into setting up a day for students in my program to go out and play with a group from the Air Force Academy in order to help both groups better understand the concepts of Leadership, teamwork and effective communication.

If you guys would PLEASE look over this tentative itinerary I cooked up and give me any Suggestions I would be so grateful. You'll see on there "team 1, team 2 etc" I am thinking of teams of 5 or 6 so somewhere around 20-24 people total, possibly more if interest is peaked.

Aside from this, can anyone tell me approximately how many rounds I should expect each person to use for this sort of itinerary. I'm thinking there will be about 2 hours of time on the field. Also if someone could let me know how much CO2 that would be approximately (in oz) that would be great!

Thanks for any help you guys can give!

Kevin
(itinerary below)

Safety Briefing and Rental Outfitting

Team Breakdown

Explanation of First round of play:
- no strategy beforehand – no plan – no talking allowed

First Round of play:
- Team 1 vs. Team 2
- Team 3 vs. Team 4

Review of First Round, discussion of the difficulties of lack of planning/communication, Effects of Chaos.

Explanation of dynamics of second round
- Teams 1&2 – No Talking during the round, but allowed to plan and scope out the field beforehand.
- Teams 3&4 – No pre-round strategy/look at the field, but allowed to talk during the round.

Second Round of play:
– Team 1 vs. Team 3
– Team 2 vs. Team 4

Review of Second Round, discuss role of various communications.

Lunch.

Explanation of Third Round – 2 teams vs. 1 team defending position, Team that lasts longest wins.

Third round of play:
Teams 2 & 3 vs. Team 1
Teams 3 & 4 vs. Team 2
Teams 4 & 1 vs. Team 3
Teams 1 & 2 vs. Team 4

Review third round and discuss the difficulties of having many objectives/being overwhelmed.

Discuss last round
Championship 4th Round – Round robin tournament to decide best team.
Team 1 vs. Team 4
Team 2 vs. Team 3
Team 1 vs. Team 2
Team 3 vs. Team 4
Team 1 vs. Team 3
Team 2 vs. Team 4

Winner gets a trophy for best teamwork

Breakout for what was learned from the program.

·
Crafty Vet of Nutball
100 Posts
seeing as there are so many games i might say 2 people could share a case of paint (2000 rounds) possibly more. a 20oz tank of co2 can get anywhere between 700-900 rounds from my experince so if they go through a full case then it is possible for 2-3 tanks per person

as far as your game plan that is a very good one you guys should have alot of fun and learn

paintball is all about team work and communication is vital good choice.

btw i used to know a girl that goes to denver shes on the basketball team her name is Britteni Rice do you know her?

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
woah... thats a lot of gaming.

Personally, 2 hours sounds a bit short.

ok, so if you give everyone just a hopper each round, thats about 200paintballs max per person per game.

CO2, if using 12oz tanks, you should be able to get 3-4 hoppers off of it before needing to refill.

That should get you started :)

·
Pump is Better
3,424 Posts
mmm that sounds like a really great idea. Judgeing on paint is hard. Some people get a happy trigger finger and can go through a lot of paint. Others might use 50 shots a game. Or get out without shooting at all... It's hard to say. If everyone is using rentals I would guess at about 200-400 paintballs per game for the ones tht last the entire game.

As for your teamwork idea... The team with best individual players will win the first round, so If you have people who have played before, make sure you split them up.

This also seems like a lot of games in one day. If all of the games are simple elimination than I could see this, but if their is responds, it could take for ever.

Also, by the time you get to the Round robin tournament, you'll already know who is the best team.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
This also seems like a lot of games in one day. If all of the games are simple elimination than I could see this, but if their is responds, it could take for ever.

Also, by the time you get to the Round robin tournament, you'll already know who is the best team.
Thanks for all the great input guys! I was planning on simple elimination games, but you are right that does seem like way to many games in one day. I'll see what I can do to limit a few of them. I'm thinking it will be 2 hours on field and the whole event should last maybe 4 hours(ish) Also how do you guys feel about limiting the amount of balls each person gets per round? I think it might make people think through everything more and force them to be more strategic, it might also make the short elimination games last a little bit more since everyone won't be blazing away the whole time. Opinions? Since this is more of an educational thing than a tournament I think it may be beneficial.

You are also right about knowing which team will be the best by the time the round robin comes around. I think if one team becomes too lopsided we may trade a couple players around but we'll do our best to make them even from the beginning.

Since we will be playing with Cadets from the Air Force Academy we will definitely be splitting them up in hopes to evenly distribute the experienced players. They occasionally drill in CQB as part of their training so part of the exercise would be about their ability to Captain a team while teaching and coordinating less experienced individuals.

Lastly what do you guys think about this for an updated plan? (only changed round 4)

Safety Briefing and Rental Outfitting

Team Breakdown

Explanation of First round of play:
- no strategy beforehand – no plan – no talking allowed

First Round of play:
- Team 1 vs. Team 2
- Team 3 vs. Team 4

Review of First Round, discussion of the difficulties of lack of planning/communication, Effects of Chaos.

Explanation of dynamics of second round
- Teams 1&2 – No Talking during the round, but allowed to plan and scope out the field beforehand.
- Teams 3&4 – No pre-round strategy/look at the field, but allowed to talk during the round.

Second Round of play:
– Team 1 vs. Team 3
– Team 2 vs. Team 4

Review of Second Round, discuss role of various communications.

Lunch.

Explanation of Third Round – 2 teams vs. 1 team defending position, Team that lasts longest wins.

Third round of play:
Teams 2 & 3 vs. Team 1
Teams 3 & 4 vs. Team 2
Teams 4 & 1 vs. Team 3
Teams 1 & 2 vs. Team 4

Review third round and discuss the difficulties of having many objectives/being overwhelmed.

Discuss last round – Matches for First and Third chosen by vote, cannot vote for your own team.

Championship 4th Round –
Team x vs. Team y
Team w vs. Team z

Winner gets a trophy for best teamwork

Breakout for what was learned from the program.

·
Registered
15 Posts
mmm that sounds like a really great idea. Judgeing on paint is hard. Some people get a happy trigger finger and can go through a lot of paint. Others might use 50 shots a game. Or get out without shooting at all... It's hard to say. If everyone is using rentals I would guess at about 200-400 paintballs per game for the ones tht last the entire game.
I find this to be verrry true especially with people that are new. The goal sometimes in the minds of newbs is to see how colorful they can make the tree in front of them. lol hence they go through a lot of paint.

I do have to say it is a perfect idea for what you are looking to acheive. Good Luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts