Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I have just joined the forum. I have played paintballs a few times with my friends, and I really like it. I a thinking about buying a paintball marker, but I'm only 14, I do have some $$$ but would certainly not want to waste it. I'd rather save up for a while and buy a decent paintball gun that will last, than buying a cheap one which will break or be no good for me in a short while.

The things I want to get currently are: Tippmann A5 RT, a X7 hopper, a remote coil, a 4+1 ammo belt, 4 pods, a 12oz CO2 tank, and a V-Force Vantage Pro mask. I want to upgrade my marker to a SMG sort of gun, but full auto markers are banned in New Zealand(where I live obviously). The reason I want a X7 hopper is because I want to get a red dot in the future, and X7 is offset.

Is there a better marker/set up for my money???

Thanks!!!

·
bow chicka
2,640 Posts
Hi everyone, I have just joined the forum. I have played paintballs a few times with my friends, and I really like it. I a thinking about buying a paintball marker, but I'm only 14, I do have some $$$ but would certainly not want to waste it. I'd rather save up for a while and buy a decent paintball gun that will last, than buying a cheap one which will break or be no good for me in a short while.

The things I want to get currently are: Tippmann A5 RT, a X7 hopper, a remote coil, a 4+1 ammo belt, 4 pods, a 12oz CO2 tank, and a V-Force Vantage Pro mask. I want to upgrade my marker to a SMG sort of gun, but full auto markers are banned in New Zealand(where I live obviously). The reason I want a X7 hopper is because I want to get a red dot in the future, and X7 is offset.

Is there a better marker/set up for my money???

Thanks!!!

lol, as you will find out all that stuff you want to put on your marker is some what wasteful. Red dots sights are pointless because paintball guns arnt accurate enough, also its hard to look through them with goggles on. A remote coil will just get in your way and possibly cause problems, the more eyou complicate things the more likely you are to screw something up. Oh, and paintballers dont refer to guns as 'SMG' and etc. Here is more like what i would get...

VS1 (it might have full auto, i dont know, just dont use it), A 20 oz CO2 tank, A vlocity Jr hopper, a 4 pod pack harness and a pair of Vforce profilers goggles. Spend the extra money on the hopper and goggles, especially goggles. You have to be safe, and the game is 1000000000000000000000000 times better when you can see when you play. The hopper can transfer to future guns also.

All that milsim stuff might look cool but in the end its pointless. It just makes you easier to hit and slower and it will fatigue you faster.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yea by the way I play woodsball. Would a e-marker be unsuitable for woodsball? What's are the advantages of a e-marker if it can only do semi auto?

·
Registered
101 Posts
lol, as you will find out all that stuff you want to put on your marker is some what wasteful. Red dots sights are pointless because paintball guns arnt accurate enough, also its hard to look through them with goggles on. A remote coil will just get in your way and possibly cause problems, the more eyou complicate things the more likely you are to screw something up. Oh, and paintballers dont refer to guns as 'SMG' and etc. Here is more like what i would get...

VS1 (it might have full auto, i dont know, just dont use it), A 20 oz CO2 tank, A vlocity Jr hopper, a 4 pod pack harness and a pair of Vforce profilers goggles. Spend the extra money on the hopper and goggles, especially goggles. You have to be safe, and the game is 1000000000000000000000000 times better when you can see when you play. The hopper can transfer to future guns also.

All that milsim stuff might look cool but in the end its pointless. It just makes you easier to hit and slower and it will fatigue you faster.

no Vs1 dont have full auto, its just 3 shot and semi, also, its true to some extent, most of the upgrades your purchasing are purely cosmetic , but the remote coil wont get in the way, the purpose of it is to move the tank to the back so the tank itself isnt in the way, also its to make room for a stock. I dont see how the milsim look makes you an easier target unless you go rambo, but most of the stuff evolkers says is true.

Any marker is suitable for any type of play, just certain ones have advantages over others.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would you recommend e-markers or mechanical markers for woodsball? I was thinking about Spyder MR1 before my friend told me that A5's are awesome. My other friend's MR1's insides got scratched up bad just coz some grit got into it though. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BTW in NZ you cant even have 3 round bursts. Only semi-auto or response trigger....

·
Registered
101 Posts
Well thats no fun, lol, there are times when shooting fast is just fun to do, and when you get a marker capable of doing it, you cant resist.

just get the tippmann if you really want it, they're customizable like no other so you can make them unique, also they dont need to me cleaned and maintained regularly to work, so its the perfect beginner marker(still you should clean and oil it , just so you know how to )

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Which ones would you recommend and why?
1. Spyder MR1
2. Tippmann A5
3. Tippmann 98 Custom Pro
4. BT 4
5. Maybe E-markers if they do have any advantage in woodsball even if they only have semi mode.

Thanks!

·
Registered
101 Posts
hmm most people on this forum say not to buy the a5, just cuz the only difference between it and the 98 is the cyclone system(basically), but the 98 is longer and the foregrip is awkward (to me).

If your gonna keep this marker for a long time, i means LONG like a couple years, go with the A5 if not i would go with the 98c(reason is if your gonna buy an electronic marker, you can purchase a electronic hopper and it'll fit in the 98c's elbow, a5's is just huge), also both dont need regualar maintence, so if you forget no biggie, and they're both basically indestructable, and great beginner markers.

i just dont like the mr1 and bt, had bad experience with both.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah thanks a lot. Anyone has any suggestions on which barrels and length to get? I'm looking for a low priced but decent barrel. The ones that are the easiest to get for me are:
1. Proto 1 Piece (14")
2. Smart Parts Linear Barrel (16")
3. Smart Parts Progressive Barrel (16")
4. Trinity Accurate Barrel (14"/16"/20")

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
any of those will shoot just as well, but don't purchase a barrel in excess of 14". ESPECIALLY if you decide to go the tippman route, look for a 10 or 12. Barrel length has ZERO impact on accuracy, that has been proven numerous times mathematically. As long as it's long than 8". Anyone telling you otherwise is ignoring basic physics principles...

Personally, I feel tippmans are to long with anything greater than 8-10", an would want a two piece smart parts barrel with a short tip like the WWA 1".

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There are J&J Ceramics but I can't find one for A5's.... they're all for other model/makes.... what about Trinity Recon 14", is that any good? Also, does a red dot sight NOT help your aiming at all, even with a better barrel?

·
Registered
101 Posts
no due to the fact that paintballs flight is unpredictable, it'll hit a general area, but not ball on ball, also, it doesnt travel in a straight line, in order to shoot your paint farther you have to arc your shots, but ive seen people use scopes to help them spot people, but thats about it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok..... I've seen several comments about red dot sights that contradict each other... Some says red dot sight will help you aim, some says that it won't, some says that the people who says you can't aim paintball guns are wrong and red dots will help you.....

O well I'll get the X7 hopper anyways coz it doesnt cost much, and I'll see whether the iron sight helps me and go from there I guess.....

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
some says that the people who says you can't aim paintball guns are wrong and red dots will help you.....

guarantee you with the same gun/same paint, I can hit a target just as many times as they can using the end of my barrel and no sight.

You also have ot remember that half the time they cant see out of the ones the have the right way anyway. It takes a significant riser just to bring it up to center with a mask on.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Yea thanks guys.... I probably won't get a red dot sight then.... unless I decide to make my A5 mil-sim, won't be before I up all the performance stuff though... Is there any other good performance ups other than barrels? And any suggestions or coments on me getting a stock? It'd work better than a red dot wouldnt it? Trinity foldable stock any good? And would I need an expansion chamber if I'm using a remote coil? Thanks...thumup:

P.S. about how much does a regulator cost?? I found one that cost around US$120? Sound pretty damn expensive...

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
For CO2 bar-none the best reg is a palmer stab. They run about 50-80$new(I have one for sale for 50$I might add ) and come in several varieties.

Stocks....I dunno man, that's up to you. I don't use them but you may like em. With a remote I would definatly want one, but would prefer a bottom line Lstock

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So...does an expansion chamber do much if I am gonna use a remote coil?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts