Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alles,

I just bought my first marker (Tippmann A-5) and thought at the time that the thing was a good buy. Now that I'm doing more research around, I'm starting to see that there is a whole hell of a lot more out there. Can someone give me their honest impression of the A-5 w/ R/T? Strengths and weaknesses...

Also, why is the R/T banned from tournaments? I don't plan on any tournaments soon, but I'd sure like to know what the contention is.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I already got an A-5 marker, wich is, perfect for beginner player, if well tuned up this gun can be a beast. For the Rt it just because, a player can find a "sweat-spot" on the trigger wich will allow him to shoot full auto. only that. I personnaly recommand to get a E-grip over a RT if you plan to do speedball, Egrip may be more expensive but it's worth the money. RT is good if you play rec ball because it's really hard to break and before changing the trigger I would recommand to change the barrel, the Flatline is okay for distance (rec) and a UL or freak is the best for speed. dont forget to NEVER buy a APEX barrel.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, the thing is... I want to turn this thing into a beast. I don't see myself going beyond the A-5 if the marker can be a capable weapon. As far as barrels go, I'm looking at the J & J Ceramic. Is this a good thing? Frankly I don't have the time to research barrels; but if I had to choose the type of performance I want out of a marker, it would definately be accuracy. Next to accuracy, I would have to say speed.

If you can keep the info coming I'll definately appreciate it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
that is what i am using, a tippmann a5 with r/t...i love it...its only weakness is the gas usage...it uses quite a bit of gas due to the r/t....but other than that i have yet to find something that disapoints me...tippmanns are so freakin durable i wouldnt use anything else

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
I like J&J barrels. I like them even more because they're not expensive.

Tippmann's tournament team, Tippmann Effect, uses A-5's with the E-grip installed.

If you're dead set on making it all it can be without serious custom work, that's probably the best route.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, is there a way that I can disengage the R/T? I mean, how much gas is being expended with the R/T? Is it so bad that I'll end up wanting to switch later? How many shots can you get out of a standard tank?

It looks like maybe I did not buy a bad marker, I just have to customize it to fit my preferences.

Also, you guys ever see the mods being sold by Tac-Ops? You can find Custom 98 and A-5 mods here:

http://www.opsgear.com/s.nl/sc.1/.f

I bought one for my A-5 since I'm wanting the marker to feel as good as the real deal.

·
Registered
53 Posts
if you have a common 20 oz tank you should still get plenty of shots out of it...just not as many as you would with an egrip, or normall trigger, because those dont use extra gasa to power it. As of how many shots you should get out af a tank, idk for sure.

·
Registered
53 Posts
to disengage the r/t u will see a small screw on the side of the gun with the cyclone, its the screw all the way towards the back....you can adjust that....to open or close the valve which adjusts how fast your gun shoots...

·
Registered
16 Posts
R/T's run on EXCESS gas, they do not require additional gas to operate. Using a r/t has no bearing on gas usage. It's the same, with or without it. 98's and A5's sacrifice gas efficiency in favor of reliability.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts