Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just started getting into the whole paintball thing and got hooked.

Played twice up to now and would like to be up to par with equipment.

First time I played, a friend lend me his X7 and loved it, so i got my own.
The gun is exactly the same but I have an issue with it. No the problem is not knowing enough about markers to identify the source of the problem, also makes it hard to search for a solution.

Basically, I have to "cock" the gun for every shot taken! The one i used from my friend, "cock" once and fire away. I had a guy look at it and he said something about the ratchet? now before I start taking things apart or buying replacement parts, i would like to know exactly what the problem could be. It was tested at the field by a tech, we tried co2 and compressed air and both tanks were full so not a pressure problem, I know at least that much. The cyclone feeder seems to not feed the balls, it turns manually but not upon firing.

any advice would be greatly appreciated.
thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
It might just be a jam in your hopper because sometimes the balls crack a bit and then it gets caught on. Take of your hopper and check for feedneck for bits of balls. ( the same exact thing happened to me and i just took off the hopper ad cleand it and then it worked )

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much for the response.
Will start with that then, seen vids on how to carefully take it apart and clean it.

thumup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well...

Started with the hopper, took it off, cleaned and lubed as explained and nothing.

Learned a little more, watched a vid on x7's about maintenance, took it all apart and cleaned and lubed all parts shown in the vid. Put it all back and exact same problem.
All the parts are lubed as supposed to, orings are not dried or cracked and my tank is full!?!

Was tryin to avoid this as I am a major "diy", but looks like its going to the shop if I ever want to use this gun.

:confused:

unless someone jumps in with a suggestion.

thanks to all

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What would I look for as an issue with that part?

I did see it upon disassembly, but did not see anything out of the ordinary from the one in the tutorial.

thanks again

1 - 11 of 11 Posts