Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work full time welding. Today me and a couple other guys were in Denver working on a carport. This crazy white trash dude, and I decided to go grab lunch. This guy I go with is insane. Today he was telling me about how on the weekends him and his "old lady" will smoke meth, and just "give each other hell" all weekend. He was more descriptive, but I'll keep it PG-13. He's pretty hilarious.

Anyway, we go to drive through Burger King, and he's yelling at the lady and everything so I'm cracking up already. Then we get our food and pull out onto Colfax St. which is an extremely busy street. We forgot that we pulled the oxygen and acetlyene bottles off to use the torch on the jobsite so we didn't have the welder strapped down. That thing slid to the back, hit the tailgate and knocked it open since it only latches on one side, and the welder flew out the back of the pickup. The guy I'm with starts freaking out and cussing, while I'm laughing, cause I know this thing weighs close to 500 lbs, and we're screwed. He backs the pickup up on Colfax right up to the welder, which is on it's side and dumping oil and gas everywhere (It has it's own generator). We got it right side up, and we could only lift one side cause there weren't any handles or nothing. We use a forklift to put it in out of the truck. So we push it to the median, and all these people are yelling at us, and Ray is cussing them all out and telling them he'll kick 'em in the teeth and everything, I couldn't stop laughing.

So I give Ray his lunch, and go back to the site to get our other guy. We go back after a lot of struggling and some gas soaked pants we got it back in.

I'm pretty sure it's broken. It's all banged up.

Here's the welder - http://www.mylincolnelectric.com/Catalog/equipmentdatasheet.asp?p=9851

$3812.00
491 lbs.

I left right when we got back to the shop. Our boss is a nazi, and I didn't want to be the one to break the news.

·
Team Wicked
378 Posts
Awesome. thats all i have to say. Awesome.

·
Banned
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
themailleman said:
this Ray guy sounds like a white Hick trash
You have no idea. He just talks and talks, and I just laugh and laugh. He goes off about the craziest ****. I wish I could tell some of his stories, but they just wouldn't be funny without him telling them in person.

·
Banned
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got a call from the boss. He wanted to know what happened, and I pretty much just told him the truth. He's pretty pissed, and I'm sure we'll all get chewed out in the morning. Yay!

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
I shot a .22 concrete nailer into a generator on accident when I was dicking around with it. Yea that sucks. Didn't ruin it like your problem but it did put a hole in it and my boss flipped.

·
Registered
905 Posts
welding rocks, i have this old crappy arc welder that i mess around with in my garage but thats about it. sucks that you broke that good one

·
Banned
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think it's fixable. From what I could tell the shroud was really bent up, a spark plug was broken, and the battery was cracked. That's all I could see. I'm a little nervous to go in tomorrow though.

·
Banned
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ray got fired. He went back and was *****ing at the boss about his paycheck being wrong, so the boss got mad and fired him. I'll miss crazy Ray.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
^^ But think of all the people who are more then willing to have his job and not ***** about it.. Dont think he cares to much about one guy.

EDIT: That goes to spudchucker

·
Banned
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Spudchucker said:
man your boss must suck if he fired someone that easy (unless ray has a history lol)
That morning he just got chewed out by the boss, cause he thought Ray was coming to work high on meth. He never actually did, but they were just fed up with each other.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Rebel Yell said:
I work full time welding. Today me and a couple other guys were in Denver working on a carport. This crazy white trash dude, and I decided to go grab lunch. This guy I go with is insane. Today he was telling me about how on the weekends him and his "old lady" will smoke meth, and just "give each other hell" all weekend. He was more descriptive, but I'll keep it PG-13. He's pretty hilarious.

Anyway, we go to drive through Burger King, and he's yelling at the lady and everything so I'm cracking up already. Then we get our food and pull out onto Colfax St. which is an extremely busy street. We forgot that we pulled the oxygen and acetlyene bottles off to use the torch on the jobsite so we didn't .
I remember my first time trying to weld. Jason's logic: "I have had over 4 years of college and you don't need a college education to do this; it can't be THAT hard".

I was trying to build a base for a mechanical bull riding training device called a Mighty Bucky. The first mistake was trying to do this indoors (at least I had the good sense to wear that helmet thing). I won't go into all the details, but the landlady was NOT impressed with my welding logic. She was even less impressed when she found that my reason for doing it was to install a mechanical bull in the middle of my apartment's living room (I live on the second floor). The only thing good that happened that day was the smoke alarms went so off the scale they don't work anymore (so I can smoke indoors now) and I didn't end up evicted.

·
Banned
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You need someone to start you off, then after that you can pretty much teach yourself to be a very good welder. The hardest part is learning the hand eye coordination, and keeping your hand steady. Especially with tig welding.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts