Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Anne Coulter's #1 Fan
4,291 Posts
nitrous has to be refilled

Turbocharging is difficult and expensive.

Turbos make power exponentially ya?
Nitrous power hits hard then trails off, or so I've heard.

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
first, it's NITROUS, NOS is a brand

turbo--
pros- reliable power, cool bov sound :p
cons- more expensive, more moving parts, more heat, harder to install

nitrous--
pros- instant power whenever you want completely stock otherwise, easier to install, cheaper
cons- could easily blow your engine up, illegal to use on the street

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
It depends actually. Nitrous is for when you don't have a lot of money but just want bursts of speed whenever you want it.
Nitrous, however, is very harmful to pistonrings and such and can blow your engine.
Turbochargers, heat your engine up more if you don't have a proper cooling system and you get a constant acceloration.

·
6,721 Posts
xxxfirexxx said:
It depends actually. Nitrous is for when you don't have a lot of money but just want bursts of speed whenever you want it.
Nitrous, however, is very harmful to pistonrings and such and can blow your engine.
Turbochargers, heat your engine up more if you don't have a proper cooling system and you get a constant acceloration.
not true at all. it's only harmful if you go lean, then it's crashboombang.
and turbo isn't constant acceleration, there's turbo lag until it spools up, unless it's a reaally small turbo

·
6,721 Posts
depends on what it is. if it's something that needs torque and power right off the bat, then a blower is great. but 99% of the 4bangers out there use turbos, they don't need a ton of torque to get their lighter cars movin

·
Anne Coulter's #1 Fan
4,291 Posts
doomsday said:
Neither, supercharged. Unless it is diesel, then turbo it. ;)
There's been some real innovation in turbo technology. Plus, it's free horsepower as opposed to giving up horsepower to gain horsepower. Turbos have potential thumup:

·
Registered
427 Posts
First off, saying nos isnt all that bad, nos is an acronym for Nitrous Oxide System. Even though it is a brand and every little ricer says nos like its the holy grail of racing. I have a nitrous express wet kit in my car, its fun, but gets spendy. If you just want the occasional fun button then go with nitrous but if your after a fast, street driven monster a turbo is the way to go, just make sure its not to big so you dont have loads of lag to deal with. I personally like turbo charging the best, im gettin a kit together now, the only reason i got nitrous is cause i wanted something cheap and quick. Any way. Nitrous is fun and all but be carefull, if you run a dry kit you run a very good chance of doing engine damage due to going lean, but its also pretty fun to hit the button an put the stangs in their place. (not the cobras like dooms's though)

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Dry kits are easy to set up, but can't create as much power. Wet kits are a *****, but can create more power. That is basically the dumbed down version.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
zpyro said:
not true at all. it's only harmful if you go lean, then it's crashboombang.
and turbo isn't constant acceleration, there's turbo lag until it spools up, unless it's a reaally small turbo
You are right about that, but a lot of people don't even know how to use nitrous. I mean, for example, the fast and the furious, blew his engine b/c he didn't even know how to use it. Not basing off a movie but still, you have to know how to use nitrous.
And you are right about turbo, what I meant is that once your engine reaches the rpm's the turbo kicks in and acceloration is a little easier.

·
6,721 Posts
xxxfirexxx said:
I mean, for example, the fast and the furious, blew his engine b/c he didn't even know how to use it.
everyone in those movies are tools anyways :p

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Yeah, but u missed the part where I said I'm not basing off a movie, but it's true though, if you don't know how to use it u can mess it up.

Also, i disagree about the wet. No, the same amount of fuel is injected. Nitrous wet has a mixture to make it more powerful when sprayed, it's got sulfur and other stuff, but it's not safer to the engine. Have you ever seen drag racing where nitrous is legal? Look at the oil after ONE race, that's from nitrous wet.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Yeah, but you didn't hear vin either, *double clutch*. Of course I don't use nos so that may not have to be used, but still, he didn't know how to drive with it.

·
6,721 Posts
xxxfirexxx said:
Yeah, but u missed the part where I said I'm not basing off a movie, but it's true though, if you don't know how to use it u can mess it up.

Also, i disagree about the wet. No, the same amount of fuel is injected. Nitrous wet has a mixture to make it more powerful when sprayed, it's got sulfur and other stuff, but it's not safer to the engine. Have you ever seen drag racing where nitrous is legal? Look at the oil after ONE race, that's from nitrous wet.
mawet and dry systems use the same NO2, except one is injected into the air intake (dry) and the other is mixed with the fuel (wet). ALL nitrous used in cars has sulfur added to prevent retards from huffing it
http://members.aol.com/agspeed/nos.htm#14

1 - 20 of 31 Posts