Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ello,

I have an "issue". My computer is like, 8 years old and it was running at its normal slow speed a few days ago, but recently its had "advanced slowness". I have Hijack this, Adaware, spybot, and Norton AV 2000 and Ive run them all but it hasnt helped.... much. I would rather not reformat seeing as I dont know how and need another solution. There is also this thing called "DSO Exploit" that only spybot finds and it always tries to fix it but it never goes away. I have had it for a LOOOOng time.

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
honestly if your running a computer that old and slow, its not even worth keeping if its ruined with spyware. well to start off, download firefox. firefox has no popups at all and will avoid giving you popups and spyware. secondly, just reformat your computer. if you have anything thats incredibly important, like essays, back it up or something. and thirdly, stop going on **** sites.

·
Banned
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ja289 said:
honestly if your running a computer that old and slow, its not even worth keeping if its ruined with spyware. well to start off, download firefox. firefox has no popups at all and will avoid giving you popups and spyware. secondly, just reformat your computer. if you have anything thats incredibly important, like essays, back it up or something. and thirdly, stop going on **** sites.
1- Thanks for assuming. If I had the money for a new computer, I would have gotten one.
2- I dont care about pop ups, I havent had one involutarily in months.
3- Try reading my post, I dont know how and I would rather have another option
4- Again, thanks for assuming things. I dont think you even made it past the second sentence of my post.

"I need help with spyware"
"OHMEGAWSH you look at teh p0rnz!!!"

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Pr0ph3t said:
DSO exploit is nothing.
truf. don't worry about the dso exploit.

past a certian point an old computer just gets slow and stays that way. question though, have you defraged and run scandisk latley? uninstall any programs that you don't need. disable all startup items that you don't need, etc. btw, i'd ditch nortons and go for avast. norton's stinks imho(and many other peoples)>

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
the reason you dont want popups is because alot of the time they give you spyware to begin with. and what kind of filesharing program do you use? its almost impossible to get spyware without using a filesharing program. to reformat, you just have to click 'delete' on your 'my computer' icon and it will delete everything. restart, put in your windows disk, boom.

·
Banned
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
lbreevesii said:
truf. don't worry about the dso exploit.

past a certian point an old computer just gets slow and stays that way. question though, have you defraged and run scandisk latley? uninstall any programs that you don't need. disable all startup items that you don't need, etc. btw, i'd ditch nortons and go for avast. norton's stinks imho(and many other peoples)>

Cant ditch Norton, family thing....

But I cant beleive I forgot to defrag and scandisk...\

EDIT: PS this is what ctrl alt del said about my comp usage while ONLY browsing the forums

Attachments

·
Banned
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well my dad saw that I was defragging and asked me why I was so I told him its because its running slow and I havent done it in a long time. He goes on to tell me he did just last night. Well today, after I defragged it, its back to normal??? whatever...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts