Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
He gon' get it!
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you guys say a 1970 Chevy Nova w/ a 383ci V8 is worth? The paints all bad, its got primer patches here and there, interiors bad, and crankshaft bearings need to be replaced.

Kid I know is asking $2000, and I am thinking of taking him up on the offer...lowering the starting price to like 1500 though.

I know this is kinda vague, but what would you say?

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
my brother just sold his for '74 for 900 and paint was in decent shape and it ran needed an interior and the carb rebuilt though so either the guy is asking way too much or my bro is a dumbass for selling it that cheap hope that helps you some

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
how good of shape is that stroker motor. how good of shpae is the sheet metal in? take a magnet and look for bondo to. if theres no big bondo/rust spots, and the motor isnt a ragged out pos it would be worth 1500- 2000. depends on the shape. post a picture and it might help

·
He gon' get it!
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Spudchucker said:
take a look on ebay for a similar shape car and you got your new asking price right there

Yeah I did that. Saw a few in similar condition from 1000 to 4000, so I wasnt sure.

Thanks for your input guys...I'll see if I cant get some pics when I go on monday.

·
He gon' get it!
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, I took a look at it with my buddy and I decided to buy it. He wants 2000 for it, but I know I can pick it apart and bring it down to like 1200 or 1300. Its a great restoraton project, and I know after the engine work, paint job, new wheels and rims, along with some new trim, it will look great. And from there I can move onto other things. Oh I also found out that he DID do the interior, and it looks great...that saves me 1000 there. So yeah, Im gonna make him an offer during the week and I should have it by the weekend, maybe next weekend.

Ill get pics up when I get it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts