Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
5 months till I get my temps, with my temps I can get a car. I'm kinda clueless on what to get. It has to be lower than $15,000, it can't be new...only used. And I want it to be fast...I was thinking of a muscle car because rear wheel is faster and the sound is nice..like a Camaro or a Mustang. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
i wouldnt recommend muscle as your first car, you're just gonna end up wrecking it and in 5 months youre gonna post a thread "so i wrecked my camaro *pics*"

for 15k, there are a lot of very nice used cars on the market
id recommend a wrx

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Do not get something 'fast' as your first car, unless youve driven and know how to control a car at a higher rate of speed. If you get 15k cash...I reccomend something along the lines of a Cobra mustang or a Z28/SS camaro. If you're parents are gonna give you the rest to work on the car...getta chip/programmer...exhuast...and CAI and leave it alone...

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
if your gonna get raped a bit might as well go all the way.

btw the newer c4's ( not the 80's one) are some of the hottest vettesand best bang for the buck.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Ewww...the LT1 is one of the worst stock motors chevys ever produced...the numbers look good but 90% of the cars they put'em in, seem to lag. Now, dont get me wrong, they're good platforms to build on, but Id rather start out with an LS1...Hell Ive felt TPIs feel more powerful with a lot better response then a LT1

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Not sure on the tranny(700r4 maybe?), an auto ina vette? WTFOMGBBQo0rZ?

If so the 700r4 is IMO the best automatic on the face of the earth (besides the powerglide) If thats what tranny it is, then I can see why its kicking, I <3 them its the same tranny thats in my camaro. Either way:
Stock LS1 powered F-body > Stock LT1 powered anything...

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
QFT 0-60 in 3.7 505 hp 65,800 starting price the calloway ls7 800 hp ( very conservative) and starts at 80k

1 - 20 of 60 Posts