Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 98C, the urban-camo painted 'Cow Gun' has been mine for almost 8 years: since the day I broke the factory seal on the box sometime during my second year of highschool.

I have never changed an O-ring inside that thing. And I've only fed it Hoppes gun oil, none of this 'safe' oil that everyone loves so much because it doesn't hurt O-rings.

And it still works whenever I need it to, even though I fool with is constantly.

Now if only it would teach the other guns in the pile to survive like it does. :hug:

·
Why?
146 Posts
I have owned my 98C for 4 years and not a problem yet. O-rings have never been touched and like you said, only hoppes gun oil has been used. Rough play with it, in the woods, and still works flawlessly. I can't say the same for my Smart Parts ION...

There is a slim chance I will sell my 98C, just because it is like an AK-47 to me.

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
Was in the same boat till I damaged the threading on the valve doing an aggressive "High Flow" Mod (Alway double check the setup before using the mill). So Once i get a new valve then I will have replaced an O-Ring

1 - 3 of 3 Posts