Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has ne one else noticed that they sell large quantities of o rings at hard ware stores for less thatn when u go to the pro shop im not sure if theyre the same thing but they look exactly the same as the ones u get at the pro shop like same size and same material does ne one kno if theyll work on guns if u get the right size, its just a thought

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
never thought of it that way

·
Registered
14 Posts
they have to be urathane< it seals better or somthing like that its just a special material

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
yea, there are some really cheap o-rings out there
it's either urethene or nothin for me

·
Registered
873 Posts
I wonder what the difference is between the Urethene ones and the black ones? The black ones seem softer and may wear out quicker but I bet they make a better seal. I wonder which one can withstand freezing better?

·
Jabroni Scorpion
164 Posts
The urethane ones withstand freezing better in my experience. The black ones, fyi, are just a regular rubber compound. As far as making a better seal, the black ones have a better overall compression ability, which I suppose would lead to a better seal due to the fact that they sort of "ooze" into whatever you're sealing. The urethane ones seem to do a fine job on tanks, but every time you take a marker apart, it has the black ones it seems. Hmmm...things to ponder...:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts