Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that Guitar hero, Rock band, and all these fake music playing games are all real popular right now. It got me thinking...the cost for the game and fake guitar is ~$85. For $85 you can buy a real guitar and spend the same amount of time on it, and learn to play pretty well. Then, instead of wasting hours on video game instruments, you learn how to play the real thing. Which, IMO, is a lot cooler and much more useful a skill. If my kid asked for Guitar hero I'd get him/her a real guitar and a book or some lessons first.

Am I way off here? Does anyone else see it odd that half these kids can play a fake guitar like crazy, but if you hand them a real one they're lost?:rolleyes:

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
The game is stupid, its like a lazy version of DDR. Learn to play a real guitar. And now rock band? Music is the one thing that I thought wouldn't have a videogame made of doing it. Its pretty hypocritical too since rock band is being published by MTV, which rarely shows music, and never has good music.

D

·
0 Posts
i dont think any one playing guitar hero actualy considers themselves a musician or that they are in any way actually playing the music...

It's just a fun game to play at parties and with friends. other than that, it's pretty ****. I could never see myself sitting by myself playing it.

·
teh car guy
1,292 Posts
meh...there is a kid I know who can nail a few songs perfectly on hyper expert mode(cheat mode) . But, he can't play guitar. I told him I could show him, but he said he never could be able to do it. Its funny when I go to a party and people bust out guitar hero. This is the exact reason I always bring my acoustic along. Playing a plastic guitar hooked up to a tv doesn't land a girl to sleep with at the end of the night. Nothing drops the panties like some good 'ole acoustic

·
Supporting Turtle
2,967 Posts
The drummer for my band bought Rock Band a few weeks ago, and it's been the first time I've played any game like that, even Guitar Hero. Coming from somebody who also plays real bass and guitar, It's definitely a lot easier, but it's really fun as well.

That being said, playing the game and playing guitar have no real connection, other than the controller is shaped like a guitar.

You can get a decent guitar for around $100, electric with small amp. Our generation is weird.

But I can play the bassist and vocalist on rock band at the same time and get over 95% on both of them ;)

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Guitar Hero is the ****. Dooms is just a looooooooser. ;)

I'm buying III next week. **** Rock Band though.

·
Supporting Turtle
2,967 Posts
Rock band is what Guitar Hero III should have been.

Guitar Hero I, II, and Rock band made by Harmonix

Guitar Hero III made by Neversoft

Harmonix was having too many restrictions put on them from the Guitar Hero franchise, sold they Guitar Hero so they could make Rock Band, which is, quoted from their production manager, "The game we've always wanted to make".

They used the MTV and Fender endorsements to help fund it, because Harmonix is still a relatively small company.

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
Real music is much more rewarding and more interesting to listen to.

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
No one should play Madden because they can go play football outside.

I've never heard that one, but it would probably solve some of the obesity issues if we all did it.

Guitar Hero is a game. It is a fun game, but sadly it is an expensive game. And it isn't much fun without the guitar controller.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts