Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm taking an Odyssey RPM and I'm tricking it out with an LPR and a Dye Hyper 2, and steel detents
Maybe I'll make a pillow bolt for it too, I'd like to, but that would be much later in the build

So far, I took the crappy brass barb out from under the body and plugged the hole with a hex screw
That barb used to take the HPR pressure to drive the ram, but now I'm rerouting the plumbing for the LPR using the stock lower tube cap

Also got the Vertical ASA to fit flush with the bottom of the RPM

Before

After

Detent holes have also been enlarged and now fit the steel bearings I have

LPR is on the way, and I think that Spyder roller bearing triggers will work on this marker with a little modding, and misc fittings from McMaster-Carr are coming as well. Swivel fitting for the LPR namely.
Might have to pickup a Wrath T-Board for this as well if I like it enough! I'm sure I will too

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Finally got the plug tapped and ready to go!

And with everything assembled, she actually looks pretty nice if I do say so myself
:)

Virtue Board
J&J Edge Elite Barrel Kit (fits with the LPR in place!)
Upgrade Bolt
Modded for Ball Bearing Detents
LPR Mod with WGP Bullet LPR
Dye Hyper2 Reg
Warrior ASA

Soon:
Trigger Shims
Spyder roller trigger (they look similar, might work)
Trigger Stop screw
Magnetic Trigger Return

Tomorrow I'll go out and get some air to try her out and hopefully get her tuned

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So dad took the car, and I'm not too sure when he'll be back, so getting air might not be possible today

I did get the magnet installed though, and I'l loving the way the trigger feels besides its horrible side to side slop

Also I found that the closest Spyder trigger that could work would be the VS Series triggers, but they are too long and the stop screw is a bit too high up to use with this marker. If I ever feel like going all out (which maybe soon since I like the way the CP triggers feel), I may pickup a CP trigger and mod it to work with the RPM.

Now I'm currently just looking around the house for things that might make good shims for the stock trigger

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Now you can get them for even less, and they make great little projects
:)

I'm having fun with this one, and I have another secret project in the works...
:ninja:

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Finally got some air through her, and she doesn't leak and chronos well (according to my PS2 Chrono)
Maybe sometime this week I'll load up a hopper and paint and see how she does over prolonged shooting; don't want to have shootdown problems at the field

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
And got to shooting her a bit, and I'm having ball breaking issues. Bolt face is covered in paint, as is the feedneck and eye covers are leaking, so I know it isn't just barrel breaks
Paint is super old, and my eye delay was on it's lowest setting, but my fps is at 280 and my dwell is at 5ms so I'm happy about that

Bumped up my eye delay and all my debounce settings, and I'll see how it's shooting tomorrow, might get some fresher paint to try in it too

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
And you guys thought I was done with this
;)

Got a black body that I think looks nicer, mounting a CP roller bearing trigger on conical screws (since I'm using the F7 trigger and frame for the FASOR cocker), and modding the stock bolt to pillow bolt (should help with brittle paint and ball stack alignment)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts