Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
0ld Sk00l
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, Since sooo many people have been asking about if a Matrix bolt is hard to clean, I decided to make a little guide on how to Clean your matrix Bolt

Please Note i am using an Evolve Bolt Kit.

#1, Remove your barrel, Hopper, and tank, and remove the breech and backplate.

#2, Once you have removed your breech and backplate, For an evolve bolt kit, Use a 6mm Matrix Allen Key and remove the rear plug

#3, After remove-ing the rear plug, Carefully Remove the O-ring on the Tip of the bolt usuing eaither dental picks, or Tooth picks. Being careful NOT to scratch the bolt up

#4, Once you have the o-ring at the tip of the bolt removed, usuing your finger, PUSH the bolt assembly out of the back of the gun. DO NOT GRAB the Small end at the back of the gun, this can damage your bolt and you are gonna be mad Then wipe all the old greese off the bolt assembly

Please note i did not Remove the Front wall/beer can. This is because It does not need to be lubed as regularly as the Rest of the bolt assembly and is easier to cut o-rings on when replacing in the gun

**Note** At this stage, i personaly use Ardvark Customs Matrix Muck, But you may use any Matrix certified Lube you want to

#5, Now you can start Re-lubing your Bolt. Start by applying some lube to the SAIL on the bolt. This is the raised section near the front.

#6, Next, Put a small amout of lube inside the Top hat, then slide it onto the bolt and apply some lube on the o-rings ontop of it

#7, Now, Take the Black Tube/spacer, And slide it over the top hat. Apply a THIN layer of lube ontop of it to ease the process of putting it back into the gun

#8, Now, Take the Smaller spacer and slide it onto the bolt.

here is wut the spacer looks like

#9, Then, Take the Back wall, and slide it onto the bolt carefully, and lube the o-ring on it w/ some greese.

#10, Here is what your bolt assembly should look like so far

'

#11, Grab a drink of water... Your almost there :)

#12, Now CAREFULLY Slide the bolt assembly back into the gun, Making sure that the tip of the bolt goes through the beer can correctlyand without putting ne way,shape, or form of sideways pressure on the back of the bolt "tail"

#13, Now that you have the bolt assembly back it, Lube the "tail" of the bolt and the back plug and screw the back plug into the gun until it's snug.

#14, Replace the O-ring on the tip of the bolt

#15, Gas your matrix up and shoot 50-100 shots without the breech on to clear the bolt of ne lube that might have found its way in.

#16, Reassemble your Trix completely and Mow some major Muppets with a clean trix :)

Written and Assembled by Jared "bunkertime" K. Copyright 2004 bunkertime

--Kan Man

IM me if you have any questions at NorFlaBaller

·
0ld Sk00l
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cause there is no need to relube the Beercan all the time. And When you take it out all the time, u are going to be replacing the o-rings on it alot more.

But.. if u wana take it out and relube all the time, Do so... i don't :)

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Nice fairy, i have never seen one that looked comfy with a 15* front untill now..good guide.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Put in the front spacer and beercan in first, then put the main spacer and tophot on the bolt and put that in, and have the bolt sticking out some so you can continue to put parts in as they're lubed, then the rest as you continue to lube parts.

Cause there is no need to relube the Beercan all the time. And When you take it out all the time, u are going to be replacing the o-rings on it alot more.

But.. if u wana take it out and relube all the time, Do so... i don't
Don't neglect your parts, take out everything and relube everything, I've had 3 matrices and I've only had to replace maybe 3 o-rings tops when I recieved the guns.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Im sorry this has nothing to do with relubing, but which version of the SCM is pictured on the gun in the first pic? SCM, or SCM2? Thanks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts