Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thats right, talk about snowboarding here. Post your setup (hopefully with pics too), favorite companies, mountains all that.

I have an allian 154 or 152, saloman sp3 bindings, and thirtytwo fades (or faze boots)

I can't go without bragging about my new boots, these things are so incredibly light, they're like stiffi to boomstick light, they feel just like regular shoes on me. Its so crazy, hella comfy too, I recommend everyone get them boots.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I have some generic crap board from costco right now, hopefully getting a Ride 155-ish for christmas though. I have some Body Glove boots that are really comfy.

Here is the mountain i go to, Mount Shasta, I should be going tomorrow (yesss).

I'm also gonna be learning to ski this year, representin.

^^ My board and boots.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
i have a 2002 option makininen pro model, with k2 step ins with the matching boots. i rock all nfa clothing, with spy goggles. i've been riding for like 5 years. i dunno how long it will take to get pics of my ****.

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
i have a few questions. ive never snowboarded before but i want to try it and always have. now, for my first time going, how long is a good amount of time pretty much just to learn the basics? like a weekend? 2 days? my older brother has gone snowboarding before and does it occasionally. the only thing i would need if i went snowboarding is to rent a board, because i have all his gear from when he went. i have goggles, a REALLY nice jacket, pants that match the jacket, i just need boots, great gloves, great goggles, and i have underarmour etc. also how much does it cost? i want to get into it because it just looks really fun, and all my winter gear is for snowboarding.

·
Registered
485 Posts
If you sign up for lessons with the park, you can probably get going on your own in a weekend. Good boards are $350-$400, bindings are around $100, boots are... I dont know, havent looked at boots in a while...

I think you should, especially if you live near a montain. I live about an hour and a half away and I go alot. I actually enjoy snowboarding more than paintball. (uh oh....)

thumup:

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
goggles range from 20-130 bucks. I recommend smiths, very good, if you go in mostly warmer sunnier condition get ones with reflective lenses, if you go in darker colder climates go for ones that have better visibility (non reflective). As always you can just try them on at a shop to see how they work.

As for gloves, grenade makes the aggest gloves ever.

For boots get the ones I have, I think they're the lightest on the market, and they're oh so comfy.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Oh, thats if you actually wanted to buy the gear.

To rent it, at my mountain its about $40 for everything for a day, plus another $40 all day lift ticket. My place is cheaper than the huge mountains though.

O

·
0 Posts
I'm the dickhead skiier that cuts off snowboarders and goes on their jumps. I tried snowboarding but didn't really feel it. I pwn at skiing but snowboardings alright. I just use rentals. wave:

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
well good news, i asked a friend we might be going snowboaring in Vernon, NJ on december 30th. we're going with the Mid-Island Y JCC (Jewish COmmunity Center). its not like we're jews who go with jewish kids on jewish trips. its just a thing organized by the Mid island Y. if any of you want to meet me on dec. 30th just IM me at ja389! i really would like to meet.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
How hard is snowboarding? It seems like alot of money, just not as much as pb. Woww, how do you guys afford snowboarding and PB?

I can't skateboard for shizzle. I had a 150$ skateboard my dad bought me, But i sold it to my cuz, who neva paid me the 80$.... damn im so pissed.

This just got me. I'm gonna make a thread/

·
Registered
360 Posts
i have some type of airwalk. i dont know what size. and i have some sick bindings, but i also dont know what they are called. and i am getting some k2 boots i think, but like everything else i dont know which ones. now that i read this, i will look into those really light ones. i snowboard at big sky montana. they have an awesome terrain park

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
PaintballRemix said:
I'm awaiting Ryan's snowboarding stories.
I'm awaiting the new stealth site.

<3

If you wanna be able to afford snowbaording and paintball (its hard, I can barely do it) its so easy, its easier than 1,2,3 just be nice to your parents for a month before the season. Get good grades too, then you'll be on a roll.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I have a LAMAR board with VANS boats and Dragon goggles. The last time I went was the hardest I have ever fallen in my life I was coming down the top of the mountain and there was the little lip I didnt see and boom right on my ribs. DAMM it hurt. For all of you guys just starting out it can be frustrating sometimes and painfull to.

GOT TO REREPSENT BIG BEAR MOUTAIN the best place in cali (besides mammoth mount) I have been going there since i was four.

·
That's Hot
3,914 Posts
Here's my current setup:

Ride Catalyst- 156 cm- $270 (got it for $220)
Agency Implant Bindings- M/L- $175 (got them for $135)
DC Phantom 4 Black/Lime Boots- $280 (got them for $235)
Spy Blizzard Blue-White Fade Goggles- $70 (got them for $50)
Dakine Vapor Stomp- $10 (got it for $6)
Dakine Trixie Leash- $5 (got it for $3)
Test Pilot Excellerator Wax- $10 (got it for $6)
Dakine Deluxe Tune Kit- $80 (got it for $55)
Scraper, pocket tool, file, etc etc etc- I have no idea, but I got that stuff cheap too

Bonfire Fusion Chroma Jacket- $155 (paid $120)
Bonfire Fusion Chroma Pants- $150 (paid $115)
Dakine Scout Gloves- $50 (paid $35)
Bonfire Simple Beanie- $18 (paid $9)

As you can see I got some pretty good deals, saving me quite a bit of money to buy paint and some other equipment.

I usually go to Beaver Mountain which is about 45 minutes north of Logan (USU) through Logan Canyon. Good stuff, but before I left there was no snow after Thanksgiving since it didn't snow again and we had temps in the 50's. Hopefully it'll be white all over when I fly back for spring semester.

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh yea post your stances too.

I'm pretty wide (dont know how much)

17 front and -15 back.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts