Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know somepeople on paintball forum have been in iraq. I know warped1 was, and I think we a thread to honor them. They risked their lives for us to sit on our ass at a computer.

Anyways, if ur a vet please let us know and if you wouldn't mind, could you share some of your experiences?

·
12,110 Posts
Anyone who has been to iraq deserves the thanks. Thanks becuase a country who half of them thinks they are all over there raping prisoners and shooting dogs, while only the other humble half shuts off the news and finds out from primary sources what's really going on.

·
Registered
811 Posts
there are other vets that were in other wars that need thanks as well! my dad is one of them. to me anyone that served in an armed force deserves a thank you. just because they didnt goto war they are there if needed. i had some friends serve in the 1st iraq war. some came home injured but, luckily everyone i knew came home. i have some friends that are over there now that i have met playing paintball. which i hope to see them again soon! every person in the armed forces is serving this country so i can sit here and type this and not worry about someone else knocking on my door :) for that i say THANK YOU!!

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My mistake, I meant the title as vets in general, but iraq is one that is recent and that is why I focused more towards it. ANY vet please come in and tell us some of your experiences if you wouldn't mind. We thank you for the freedoms we have today.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Medic, if you wouldn't mind would you mind sharing a story or something? History channel tells ABOUT the war, but I was wondering if you could give me first hand information about your experiences. If you wouldn't mind.

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
Well I actually missed out for the first desert shield/storm. I was hit by a truck and discharged.

I was an ROTC Cadet in college and I was also a reservist -- so my enlisted rank was that of an Staff Seargent but I was in the Command Cadre at my unit as a 2nd Lt. in charge of the Communications and Cryptography Platoon. (I would tell you more about that, but its still classified)

We knew something was in the wind as our readiness status was increased and we had to notifiy the commander if we were going to be out of the area for more then a week.

Interestingly enough, our unit was an artic light fighting infantry unit designed to fight in the siberian areas of the former USSR as well as be winter troops for the European theaters. However, just before desert shield, we were detailed to go to Fort Polk LA to staff the base there as the regulars were being sent overseas. Makes sense right, send the arctic fighters in their winter gear to god armpit in the USA.. Heat, humidity, and not a flake of snow closer then the freezer in the officer's club. But you are first and foremost a soldier and the army treats you that way.

Thats when I was hit by a truck.. Got backed into by a duece-1/2 and dislocated my knees. Medically discarged 4 weeks prior to the start of the shield...

so I watched the war the same way as everyone else. Once I recovered, I had the opportunity to re-enlist. But my ROTC scholarship was pulled when I was hurt, so I had to quit school, and I was angry and didn't go back in. I regret that, as I strongly believe it is my duty to serve. So now I serve the community I live in rather then the country as a whole.

Boring story I know, but thats what it is.

D

·
0 Posts
remember that kid that said he was a jet fighter pilot in afganistan and duo completely destroyed him.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
didn't that happen during the 70s?

hey, i appreciate what u great ppl do, i've always stood behind u guys and the move into afganistan and iraqi. What u do is a great service to our county and many ppl choose to look beyond that and find fault in our nation's actions. I love u guys for ur sacrifice and hope u all stay safe when ur out there.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
I'm glad somebody made this thread. I get so sick and tired of the liberals in the media bashing our prez and bashing our military. I don't care if you don't agree with why we are at war, but for gods sake stand behind the work that our boys are doing! Anybody who dosen't support them needs to be shot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts