Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
The tippmann 98 and A5 are equipped with both the dovetail and weaver rail. However if you are using a 98 with a flatline you only have the smaller of the 2 (cant remember which is smaller between the weaver and dovetail)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I tried installing my BSA red dot on my tippmann straight, due to the fact that the front tension screw has a shaft that is lower than the rear one (probably why weaver mounts have the notches in em) mine wouldn't mount to the gun without a weaver mount (atleast not properly). Don't get me wrong, it works, but it doesn't sit flush on top of the gun, the front of the scope tips up slightly. Also it doesn't sit in the center of the gun, its over toward the hopper side a little. You can see for yourself in these pictures I took to illustrate.

you can compensate for it with the windage and elevation adjustments, but why be ghetto. Just spend a little money and get an adapter to mount it properly. This adapter works great, I have one myself, I just no longer use it because I now have an AR-15 carry handle with weaver mount. http://www.specopspaintball.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=305

·
Registered
63 Posts
when i first got my 98 i got it off ebay. it came w/a m16 kit and it looked like he originally had the site same as above. but he just rigged it and cut the gun. it worked but like i said it was rigged

1 - 6 of 6 Posts