Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.. Terrell Owens got hurt last Sunday. He's out for the rest of the season and if we're lucky he'll be back for the playoffs. :( (This is the Eagles I'm talking about) Not that I don't trust Mcnabb, Westbrook and the rest of the guys to get us to a superbowl.. It's just that we don't have any good receivers anymore. We had Todd Pinkston before, but lately he's just been showing that he's just not up to playing NFL style football.

Freddie Mitchell has some talent, but we need him to step up. So right now all we have that will get us to the superbowl is:

Offensive Playmakers
Donovan Mcnabb (QB)
Brian Westbrook (HB)
Dorsey Levens (HB)
Chad Lewis (TE)

Defensive Playmakers
Jevon Kearse (DE)
Corey Simon (DT)
Brian Dawkins (FS)
Hugh Douglas (DE)
Darwin Walker (DT)

I mean, this situation we're in isn't great. But we have to improvise. A lot of guys have to step up now. Especially in the receiver spot, such as Greg Lewis and Freddie Mitchell. If Todd Pinkston doesn't play next week, then those two guys will have to begin to step up and work. This upcoming Post-Season is going to be a tough one. But seeing as how the NFC is so weak this year I think we'll get through the playoffs fine.

·
Registered
770 Posts
We can always hope. I haven't followed football much in general since Randall Cunningham was on the Eagles, but the Eagles this year were getting me back into it. Bad news. It's like Vick breaking his leg in pre-season last year. Such a burn.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Fastecho419 said:
Well.. Terrell Owens got hurt last Sunday. He's out for the rest of the season and if we're lucky he'll be back for the playoffs. :( (This is the Eagles I'm talking about) Not that I don't trust Mcnabb, Westbrook and the rest of the guys to get us to a superbowl.. It's just that we don't have any good receivers anymore. We had Todd Pinkston before, but lately he's just been showing that he's just not up to playing NFL style football.

Freddie Mitchell has some talent, but we need him to step up. So right now all we have that will get us to the superbowl is:

Offensive Playmakers
Donovan Mcnabb (QB)
Brian Westbrook (HB)
Dorsey Levens (HB)
Chad Lewis (TE)

Defensive Playmakers
Jevon Kearse (DE)
Corey Simon (DT)
Brian Dawkins (FS)
Hugh Douglas (DE)
Darwin Walker (DT)

I mean, this situation we're in isn't great. But we have to improvise. A lot of guys have to step up now. Especially in the receiver spot, such as Greg Lewis and Freddie Mitchell. If Todd Pinkston doesn't play next week, then those two guys will have to begin to step up and work. This upcoming Post-Season is going to be a tough one. But seeing as how the NFC is so weak this year I think we'll get through the playoffs fine.

T.O will forever be a niner.

·
PbF Supp/Beer Expert
4,512 Posts
I cant believe miami won that game. T.O. is out for the season. Tore and broke something in his ankle. If they get to the superbowl he would have a CHANCE of playing. Also, If they get to the superbowl.

·
I'm a big soft teddy bear
3,675 Posts
no way...if its not the eagles then itll be the panthers.

edit: just look at the other years, we did ok without TO and dont tell me we had staley cuz westbrook>staley...westbrook> 2 staleys in one.

·
u sed the magic word! YAY
485 Posts
Eagles do have a 1st round Playoff Bye guarunteed(sp) \. So T.0 might be in by then, lets hope.......

Falcons are doin pretty damned good also. Its a tough Competition in the NFC right now.

But the colts are gonna take teh AFC 4 sure.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Psh. Vikings can't beat Steelers. Any which way the Eagles would beat the Vikings before the Vikings could think of doing anything. We got to the superbowl 3 times without T.O, we can do it again. I mean, he's gone and all, but hey, life goes on. Donovan will step up and the receivers will step up. Freddie finally gets to start, we'll see if he can get some TD's up in there and some receptions. Also, maybe we can get Pinkston to stop being so scared of Defensive players. If not, I'm hoping we start Greg Lewis. Because he's hungry for the position. It should be a good.

My Superbowl guess is:

Eagles vs Pittsburgh

Then it'd be an all Pennsylvania Superbowl. That'd be amazing.

·
Banned
794 Posts
Fastecho419 said:
Psh. Vikings can't beat Steelers. Any which way the Eagles would beat the Vikings before the Vikings could think of doing anything. We got to the superbowl 3 times without T.O, we can do it again. I mean, he's gone and all, but hey, life goes on. Donovan will step up and the receivers will step up. Freddie finally gets to start, we'll see if he can get some TD's up in there and some receptions. Also, maybe we can get Pinkston to stop being so scared of Defensive players. If not, I'm hoping we start Greg Lewis. Because he's hungry for the position. It should be a good.

My Superbowl guess is:

Eagles vs Pittsburgh

there is no one in the NFC the vikings need to worry about except for eagles and maybe falcons. The eagles without T.O arent that great he brings a lot more to the team then just recieving. Falcons are a good team but it doesnt seem like they have what it takes. If the vikings play the best they can they can beat the steelers

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
Phantom13 said:
eagles are cursed...\
:D

eagles can still win without TO though.

I think pats have the best chance this yera for the bowl, but its anyones guess after yesterdays game

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
yesterdays game was a fluke tho... it was all because of his stupid ass pass that was intercepted... if he had his head on right they wouldve won. its not the whole pats team fault, it was just from 1 mistake on bradys part. i wouldnt expect something like that to happen again

what REALLY pisses me off is the lions game. they friggin have a 4th qrtr comeback, score a touchdown... AND THEN MISS THE EXTRA POINT! their special teams must seriously be retarded. lost by 1 damn point, it was so gay

·
I'm a big soft teddy bear
3,675 Posts
Fastecho419 said:

My Superbowl guess is:

Eagles vs Pittsburgh

wow, you and i are so smart.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I feel sorry that the lions lost their longsnapper and the kid had to step in. He must feel like crap now. But come on get the ball on the ground its just a PAT no laces matter just get it on the ground.

The vikings self destruct. Come on the seahawks game? I mean here I am a huge packer fan though I do know we will lose friday but still. I'm thinking pitsburg or NE but after last nights little pass. if he doesn't watch that sportscenter clip of him making passes on his butt they will be fine But pitsburg defense reminds me of smash mouth football. Whoever goes for the AFC will be heavily favored I'm sure. Kinda look at th NFC as a Joke... my poor poor packers :(

1 - 20 of 25 Posts