Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
That's Hot
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YESSSSSSSSS baby! 31-24 all the way.....

I feel bad for Miami, though......especially after the nasty injuries (i.e. KNEE) and problems they had. It was a great game, one truly for the ages.

OHIO STATE ALL THE WAY!!! :D :D :D

·
Registered
376 Posts
that was such a good game, though that call against miami was alittle close, but OSU deserved the win, they played great.

·
That's Hot
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sabman said:
best college football game, ever.
Amen

McGahee's knee injury was nasty though...that was the grossest injury I've ever seen in a game. When I first saw the hit it didn't look too bad, but when they showed it in slow motion me and the people at my house were all ready to hurl...the bottom half of his leg (below the knee) was almost touching the TOP OF HIS CALF. It was downright disgusting...;0

The sad thing is that an injury like that is devastating. Never again will he play football...or any other hazardous sport, for that matter. It's such a shame, especially because he had so many endorsements and had so much going for him...=(

·
Registered
949 Posts
i am scarred for life just from the explanation. i am glad i never watched that game.=(

·
NORTHCOAST HARDCORE
6,318 Posts
best college game ever, how bout best game i have eer seen, college or pro. as for the knee injury, last year the one guard on ourteam dislocated his knee during a game and tore pretty muc all the conectiv tissue in his knee. they had to reset it on the feild because if they didn't his lower leg wouldn't be abl to get blood and the would have to amputate. grssest thing i haveever seen. that was one hell of a game, my dad went there so i am a big osu fan.

·
Registered
302 Posts
WOOOO!!!!!!!!!! BIG 10 POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
That's Hot
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WELL! Here's some good news:

Willis McGahee's injury was indeed severe (he had to go through surgery to repair something like 4-5 torn ligaments) including his ACL, but he is expected to make a full recovery. He is expected to be there for next season's first game, but his injury has dashed his hopes for pro football...he was projected to be the top NFL draft pick if he went pro early (next year) and had multiple endorsements from companies like Nike.

But he made a smart move two weeks before the Fiesta Bowl!

Two weeks before the game- December 20th- he took out a $2.5 million insurance policy and started his coverage on that date. It was odd how he started coverage near the end of the season, but it was the smartest move because he would've gotten less money had he taken it out before/earlier in the season. Now, even if he does not achieve the football stardom from before the Fiesta Bowl he still has that $2.5 mil to fall back on.

I think this is awesome...he had so much going for him and taking out that policy was a smart move indeed...he has until January 3rd 2004- a year after the injury- to cash in on his policy. Let's hope he can make a full recovery! thumup:

Here is the ESPN link concerning this dramatic turn of events: http://espn.go.com/ncf/bowls02/s/fiesta_mcgahee030106.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts