1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
strap wrench?

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I think he should try the strap wrench before going to the worst case.

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
a lot of peopel go straight for teh screwdriver method. uses less tools:)

on 04 cavy i totaled, the oil filter was actually on top of the engine and it required that i buya mazzive deep well socket to remove the cover to it. but, it was a mess-free job. once i figured it all out, I was pretty impressed(some of you may remember the fiasco thread i posted about it. I think fiasco is my word of the week, I've used it quite ofen ths week)

·
Registered
904 Posts
what kind of filter is on there?? a puralator *sp?* I've heard a few bad things about it.
-Pierced-is the k&n any better than fram?? Just curious if it's worth the extra money.

·
Registered
904 Posts
k, cuz i've always gotten a fram filter an a 5qt thing of oil for like 13$ or so of castrol gtx high mileage, doing the labor my self and I've never had a prob.

and btw, to any buick owners, replacing your air filter is a PAIN IN THE ****ING ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You have to disconnect the hose going into it, disconnect the sensors, and then pull the hose away so when you undo the clips you can actually move the side away far enough to drop the filter in.

That was what I missed bout the tercel, air filters were as simple as :step one undo clips, step two: lift cover, step three, replace filter, step 4, set cover back on, redo clips.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Remember when you put the new one on: Hand tight only! Make sure you put a little of the old oil on the new filter's gasket too. Helps ensure a good seal.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Remember when you put the new one on: Hand tight only! Make sure you put a little of the old oil on the new filter's gasket too. Helps ensure a good seal.
Yeah, definitely only hand tight. If you go to a quick change place it will be a bear to get off. I swear, they must use an impact wrench to put them on.

-Jin

1 - 20 of 25 Posts