Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this in e-mail along with some other chain letter type stuff written in it (e-mail it to all your friends type of deal), wondering if their was any truth to it, and if so they it might be neat to know.

The Saudis are boycotting American goods.

We should return the favor.

An interesting thought it to boycott their GAS.

Every time you fill up the car, you can avoid putting more money into the coffers of Saudi Arabia. Just buy from gas companies that don't import their oil from the Saudis.

Nothing is more frustrating than the feeling that every time I fill-up the tank, I am sending my money to people who are trying to kill me, my family, and my friends.

I thought it might be interesting for you to know which oil companies are the best to buy gas from and which major companies import Middle Eastern oil:

Shell............................. 205,742,000 barrels
Chevron/Texaco......... 144,332,000 barrels
Exxon /Mobil............... 130,082,000 barrels
Marathon/Speedway... 117,740,000 barrels
Amoco............................62,231,000 barrels

If you do the math at $30/barrel, these imports amount to over $18 BILLION!

Here are some large companies that do not import Middle Eastern oil:

Citgo.......................0 barrels
Sunoco...................0 barrels
Conoco...................0 barrels
Sinclair.....................0 barrels
BP/Phillips..............0 barrels
Hess........................0 barrels
ARCO......................0 barrels

All of this information is available from the Department of Energy and each is required to state where they get their oil and how much they are importing.

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
some more ignorance, probably written by some retard who thinks everyone in a turban is a terrorist :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
wait a minute....are you trying to say that some people who wear turbans aren't actually terrorists...I guess I should start using better aim.

but really we as a people can't do this. the U.S. gov needs to do it. that would make for fun.

·
Registered
849 Posts
when they drill in Alaska for the oil
they are screwing up an ecosystem

i dont know the whole story, but someone legalized drilling in Alaska so they could make more money; meanwhile, a protected ecosystem or something is being screwed up

ESSO is the one drilling in Alaska that i know of

·
6,721 Posts
N8ive_Snoborder said:
they could make more money; meanwhile, a protected ecosystem or something is being screwed up
wouldn't be the first time :mad:

·
shine on.
10,745 Posts
Alpha said:
WAnt to do somethign to make your country better and protect it from terrorism? Join the military.
Yes, I am, but... Not buying gas from the saudis would be fun as hell. No income, haha! But then there is the fact that this could never happen to the fullest since some people NEED to drive.

·
6,721 Posts
big_balla89 said:
Yes, I am, but... Not buying gas from the saudis would be fun as hell. No income, haha! But then there is the fact that this could never happen to the fullest since some people NEED to drive.
which is the same reason gas prices will never go back down too much, cuz people will pay for it no matter how high it goes

·
Registered
181 Posts
umm if you boyucott the saudi's oil then you'll simply impose higher price supon yourselves. In economics, a decrease in supply relative to static dema d appies upward pressure on prices. Since you refuse to consumer saudi oil, this si like a decrease in total supply while poepel will need as much oil as they did before. If you want to hurt the saudi's then you need to work towards decreasing your demand for oil: if theres no demand for oil then the price will fall (price fall =less money for saudi's) and the saudi's will have lost theiur primrary means of influencing the west.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts