Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm seriously concerned for my generation. Over the past month or so I've seen more alcohol commercials than i've ever seen in my life. Now comedy central is going to do this nationial hangover day marathon for new year's day, and I saw something that made my skin crawl:

On cartoon network (granted it was 10:15 and adult swim) i saw a sock puppet walking around, drinking some alcohol, and saying, "I'm not under the influence of alcohol, but I wish i was." Some could even interpret this message as having one drink is perfectly fine, and won't affect you.

Now, I do drink occasionally so I'm by no means saying it's wrong, but this is like encouraging america's youth to splurge. I seriously hope an artificial liver is invented within 15 years, because most of my generation (most of yours) is going to need one.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NYY said:
you do realize that adult swim is meant for stoned/wasted peopled right?
yes i do, but i see most of these commercials on channels like fx, tnt, and comedy central.

and like i said, i'm not saying that drinking is wrong, but it really shouldn't be encouraged. if people my age want to go out and do it, so be it, but the media shouldn't suggest it.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
i hate adult swim right now. They only air crap, and have destoryed saturdays, which i used to love. B/c they actually didn't control the content.

and torch, congrats on 2,222 posts.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Andre_Nickatina said:
nothing wrong with drinking
Haha I was listening to Crack Raider Razor a minute ago.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Alcohol abuse is a problem. Think about it from the alcohol's point of view. WOuld you want to be poured down a drain??

Wasting alcohol is the true alcohol abuse

·
The Assault Sharpshooter
442 Posts
i love adult swim..because i am simple minded. Eat, sleep, bathroom, gf, paintball, go home, watch adult swim, play video games...thats my saturday... anyways, dont worry about it nothing can be done even if society does collapse on itself from deceasing morals. Just enjoy a drink and ride the spiral into an oblivion of chaos.

·
Registered
6,356 Posts
Our generation isn't going to hell because of alcohol, that's been around forever.

The thing that will destroy our already crumbling society, will be the pride we take in being ignorant, or simple minded. The lack of the desire for knowledge on a large scale will be one of the main factors leading to the downfall of Western Civilization.

Or maybe it's because we know too much, either way, we're ****ed.

/pseudo-intelligent

·
i play for keeps
7,001 Posts
When you consider a bunch of potsmoking hippies from the 70s are our nations working class and government officials...they seemed to turn out at least somewhat ok.

Every generation gets wasted a lot, welcome to adolescence and young adulthood. Its part of high school and college. If you dont get used to it, then dont be around it. There are plenty of bible beating wannabes that bash on drinking for who knows why.

I drink. A lot. Ive been on my school's honor roll 2/3 semester, and the one semester i missed it by 0.2 of my gpa. I am in better shape than most people that dont drink. I am more active and more involved in extracurricular activities than plenty of people that dont drink.

The problem with this generation is NOT alcohol. The problem with todays generation is that they whine and complain about pointless **** like this way too often.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
if you look at the past few decades, we're not doing too poorly. they probably consider marijuana as the biggest threat to teens today, which is nothing compared just 10 or 20 years ago.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Take a loot at past generations. 60s and 70s was the drug and free love era. The generation was in turmoil with all the protest and civil rights issues.

The 80s you had The Weatherman and other home grown terrorist groups that many young people joined.

We aren't doing to bad.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
burningcow422 said:
one drink..come on.
i've seen girls want to jump in bed with more than one guy at a time after one drink. these are girls that would normally have nothing to do with those guys. don't say one drink won't do anything, cause there are many, many lightweights out there.

edit: ok, many of you miss my point. i'm not even saying that alcohol will cause any problems in the future (other than the occasional health one). i've nothing against drinking, i myself do it almost weekly. i'm just saying that in the past few MONTHS, its kind of gotten out of control, at least from the media's point of view. NOTHING IS WRONG WITH DRINKING if you do it intelligently.

·
Registered
6,356 Posts
outlaner_0990 said:
i've seen girls want to jump in bed with more than one guy at a time after one drink. these are girls that would normally have nothing to do with those guys. don't say one drink won't do anything, cause there are many, many lightweights out there.
Are these girls 12?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts