1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
They use capacitance. thumup:

·
© 2006
1,831 Posts
i dont know, blow dry the pencil erasor, not too hot just to be safe, and see if the warm erasor tip gets detected. It needs to detect the heat at a specific point, a blow dryer would be on the entire pad, so it would get confused, also, it would heat up your laptop, thats no good.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Just try something metal, like the bottom of a spoon. That should do it.

·
© 2006
1,831 Posts
You think it would be a good idea holding a maget to a laptop? You would need an extremely weak one. My old laptop I tried a palm pilot wand and I don't remember it working.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Capacitance exists between any two conductors insulated from one another. The formula defining capacitance above is valid if it is understood that the conductors have equal but opposite charge Q, and the voltage V is the potential difference between the two conductors.

I kinda get it. maybe.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
doomsday said:
Just try something metal, like the bottom of a spoon. That should do it.
im getting a spoon.

EDIT:OMFG lol i did it. the bottom (circle part) of the spoon moves it around.

the reverse side of this

·
Taking Back Control
2,191 Posts
Carmas said:
also, it would heat up your laptop, thats no good.

i have that everest thing on my laptop, and i think my HD temp gets up to 115 degrees fahrenheit.....it hets warm as hell on your lap, which is kinda nice in the winter...

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
crustybug said:
i have that everest thing on my laptop, and i think my HD temp gets up to 115 degrees fahrenheit.....it hets warm as hell on your lap, which is kinda nice in the winter...
i agree 100%. mine is always around 100. and by do i love it in the winter.

wwweee its so fun.. ever since i got home from the movies (the last ten minutes) i have been using a spoon for the mouse. really fun.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts