Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Tribute is almost up to 50,000 miles and I really want to get rid of it at the end of the summer before it hits 50,000 and the value takes a nose dive. I figured you guys would like picking cars for me to look at.
Here are my criteria in order of importance:

1. I would get $17,000 back from trading in the Tribute and I really don't want to add anymore than $17,000 to it, so nothing over $34,000.

2. Must be new or no more than a year old (I want a factory warranty)

3. Must be High HP (or really just not slow, the tribute is way too slow for my taste) or Diesel.

4. Must have 4WD/AWD, preferably not full time, but that seems to be the norm

5. Must be bigger than my '03 mustang (one of the main reasons I have a second vehicle)

6. No pickup trucks or vans

7. I travel 500+ miles every other weekend or so, I can't have that poor of mileage (nothing worse than 17mpg highway, preferably 19mpg or better)

8. Options wise, I don't really care, but I do like cruise control and prefer cloth seats to leather.

There ya go, have at it. :)

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
alright, im a chevy guy, but they sold out and dont do performance in thier suv's anymore;

but, 2006 dodge durango, 335hp, AWD, 370ft-lbs, 18mpg highway, run ya around 30-$33,000

thats my vote

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
not the charger, but the magnum has AWD, and u can get 340hp or 425hp, about 20-24mog highway, and like $34,000

But it kinda looks like a badass hearse, lol

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
wow i never heard of the trailblazer SS, i think it has an LS2,

400hp 400tq,

17mpg highway 14 city. Damn my big block chevelle gets close to that, lol

about $30,000

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea, it's new for 2006. Trailblazer SS with LS2 right around $34,000 for the 4WD.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Boy, the insurance company is going to love me. They want me to pay $9,000 for the Cobra now and I bet that Trailblazer would be atleast $7,000. :hug:

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
:-/

worst part is that your in NJ, we're screwed here. idk how old you are, but if your under 25, i suggest putting under a dad or uncles name. I have allstate, my 68 big block chevelle costs me about $1,200 a year for just liability...... and its a car that screams "the driver of this car will be messing around in it" lol

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
PAT McCORMICK said:
:-/

worst part is that your in NJ, we're screwed here. idk how old you are, but if your under 25, i suggest putting under a dad or uncles name. I have allstate, my 68 big block chevelle costs me about $1,200 a year for just liability...... and its a car that screams "the driver of this car will be messing around in it" lol
Yea, I keep it in my fathers name, no one would insure it under my name even if I could afford it. When I first went to get it insured our insurance guy ran the vin in the computer, called me back, and said flat out "what the f#[email protected] kind of mustang did you buy?" It took him two weeks to find someone that would insure it, and that was in my fathers name. :(

I wonder what it would cost me if they knew what I had done to it? :looking

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
stickman436 said:
I know the perfect car........VW Passot, volkswagons get good gas mileage, and they are nice.

A 4 wheel drive passot starts at around 30 grand, so put a few bells and whistles on it too.
uhh im pretty sure passat's dont have that Much HP...hmm idk what id get...that trailblazer sounds good though.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts