Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey I know its not a national holiday but i was wondering if you had it in your area. i live in La Crosse, Wisconsin and we have it. Anybody else?

(Its a german festival/holiday)

·
Banned
910 Posts
no we dont but when i was in germany they had it was fun.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah but do you have anything else besides like people getting wasted. like we have a parade and like a carnival thing for about a week

·
Registered
770 Posts
labelskate102 said:
Octuber fest is local bars favorite holiday.
St. Patty's > Oktoberfest most everywhere I've been. Esp. if your'e in the UK/Ireland for St. Patty's... then it's 100% crazy.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
we have a lot of germans in this area(including me) so that why its so big around here. we have the biggest oktoberfest celebration in the world outside of germany

·
Registered
728 Posts
tulsa has an oktoberfest similar to La Crosse... I have family there, been the the fest a few years. anyway tulsa puts on a nice festival for the whole thing about a week long.

·
Banned
19 Posts
St. Patty's Day is about the parties. Oktoberfest is about the food, German and Bavarian beer, and the culture. If you like sausage, speaking strictly in terms of food, you'll be more than happy at a local mock Oktoberfest, and even moreso at the real one across the Atlantic.

C

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
Was it La Crosse or Eau Claire that had the big Oktober fest riots?? I thought that the school was not allowing any more celebrations..

Try Eisbien -- its a smoked ham hock that is boiled in pork stock.. Heaven!!!! With a little suerbraten and Weisbier... now I am drooling...

It is interesting to note that Octoberfest is a Bavarian custom. When I lived in the former east (Magdeburg) they had never heard of Octoberfest. Not that they needed any reason to have a fest... Men's day is the best.. Legal drunkeness and stupidity. Kinda like a state sponsored frat party!

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
MedicDVG said:
Was it La Crosse or Eau Claire that had the big Oktober fest riots?? I thought that the school was not allowing any more celebrations..

Try Eisbien -- its a smoked ham hock that is boiled in pork stock.. Heaven!!!! With a little suerbraten and Weisbier... now I am drooling...

It is interesting to note that Octoberfest is a Bavarian custom. When I lived in the former east (Magdeburg) they had never heard of Octoberfest. Not that they needed any reason to have a fest... Men's day is the best.. Legal drunkeness and stupidity. Kinda like a state sponsored frat party!
the school doesnt have any celebration. college kids have parties but not with the school. its a city holiday.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Pr0ph3t said:
We have a whole Oktoberfest party thing in Downtown Kansas City...hot girls, lots of brauts, and LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of beer!
Hell yes! I went last year and I got so drunk. And ate tons of germen meat. I felt like I didn't know who I was and I was really really fat.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Oktoberfest is sooo much fun. I'm 1/4th German, but couldn't celebrate this year...but last year I had the chance to get drunk with my family members. Including mom & dad. :)

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
MedicDVG said:

Yeah we had a riot a few years ago. I dont know if was Octoberfest related though. It was on amazing police videos. That was sweet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts