1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
393 Posts
Fake. But funny. Theres just no way that a hit that slight would set off the airbag. Why they set that up idk...

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
Dav0r said:
Fake. But funny. Theres just no way that a hit that slight would set off the airbag. Why they set that up idk...
there is a way, but its highly unlikely

·
Banned
393 Posts
Yea, I guess your right. But seriosuly what are the odds of catching that? Everything seemed seriosuly real until the airbag. IDK, maybe it was. Im not at liberty to say if it was or wasnt.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
you have to be going around 15-20 mph for your airbag to deploy (idk the actual number) but i know hitting it with that bag, unless it was full of bricks and swung very hard, it wont deploy

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
flowbob said:
you have to be going around 15-20 mph for your airbag to deploy (idk the actual number) but i know hitting it with that bag, unless it was full of bricks and swung very hard by an old lady that gave birth to optimus prime and the teenage mutant ninja turtles, it wont deploy
Really...

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
plus, the airbag deploys with a hella lot more force and faster than that, and there would be all kinds of dust and stuff too.

·
Banned
393 Posts
Hey, maybe she did fill it with bricks. You never know. :dodgy:

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Maybe it was actually superman disguised as an old lady?

I thought it was funny that she fell asleep while standing up in the middle of the road though... watch carefully and you'll see. And something like that would be possible, if she hit the exact spot where the sensor for the airbag is, assuming the bag was really heavy. Probablly fake, but it's possible.

352 Posts
old, but pretty funny.

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
flowbob said:
you have to be going around 15-20 mph for your airbag to deploy (idk the actual number) but i know hitting it with that bag, unless it was full of bricks and swung very hard, it wont deploy
I've heard of this kind of things happening. Of course it's SUPPOSED to be setup to deploy at that speed, but sometimes things just don't like they're supposed to. Even though it's likely that this video is fake, it is possible.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
TonyD246 said:
I've heard of this kind of things happening. Of course it's SUPPOSED to be setup to deploy at that speed, but sometimes things just don't like they're supposed to. Even though it's likely that this video is fake, it is possible.
yes, more unlikely things have happened before, ill give you that.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
my health teacher's airbags went off when his wife went into someone's mailbox, and there was barely a dent on the bumper. if the switch that sets off the airbags is flawed where its over-sensative, i bet a small knock (like that from a granny) could possibly set off the airbags

the funny thing really, is that the guy would have to replace the airbags which cost a crap load

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
NYY said:
my health teacher's airbags went off when his wife went into someone's mailbox, and there was barely a dent on the bumper. if the switch that sets off the airbags is flawed where its over-sensative, i bet a small knock (like that from a granny) could possibly set off the airbags

the funny thing really, is that the guy would have to replace the airbags which cost a crap load
yeah and for what, 25 seconds of his time? haha i laugh at people who i see speeding past me and then get pulled over 5 miles later and i pass them (happened in arkansas when i was driving towards georgia, they have strict driving laws there) and it just makes them later than they want and cost them money

1 - 20 of 65 Posts