Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, first post here. Long story short, I took my old Spyder I bought second hand back in '98 or '99 out of storage this past weekend (its been at least 10 years). Suffice it to say, I have a few questions. I skimmed the Spyder stickies so forgive me if I missed something.

#1. What needs to be done to bring this old gun up to spec? I surfed the net last night but I have not been able to determine which model this gun is.

#2 Any suggested upgrades I can make to this gun?

#3. I have two C02 tanks that were also in storage and I think there may be gas left in them. Are these things safe?

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
1. I would take it apart and clean/lube it for sure. Also get some air to make sure it cycles properly

2. Maybe a new barrel at most, other than that, leave it be. No use sinking money into something like that

3. If there's still air in the tanks, it'll be fine, but I doubt there will be

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
after some amount of time , co2 tank need to be tested to see if theyr'e still safe. The cost of doing this is basically the same as buying a new tank. I've got a few tanks laying around that aren't "safe" to use anymore, I dunno what i'm going to do with them.. maybe remove the valves and toss them in the trash.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an old Spyder too! I just took it out of storage a couple weeks ago when I decided to start playing again after about 9 or so years, a couple new orings and a fresh tank of co2 and after a good cleaning I went to the local field and it was shooting just great. The field fps limit is 275 and it was shooting around 268 fps with no adjustments. I love this old gun, cheap, easy to maintain and dependable. Back when I got it I added an expansion chamber, cyclone bolt and remote line...did a camo paint job too. Just ordered a Custom Products 14 inch one piece barrel last week for it...should be interesting to see if it improves the old beast!

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts