Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I havn't played paintball for 20 years, but my favorite gun in the late 80s was an uzi type gun that used actual "bullets". I have been unable to find this gun on the net, so I'm hoping someone here can help me out. The gun was a compact, full auto blowback, that used white "bullets" with smaller red paintballs. It used no air, but a some kind of primer cap in the "bullet" It was out the same time as the tippman smg that used those 5 round clips that loaded into a 20 round sten-gun looking clip. We used to rent these, and have a blast- literally. What was this gun called, and who made it. - is it still available?

Help me out.thumup:

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Para Ordnance Mod 85. Definitely not available today and even if you could find ammo for it they wouldn't be legal on a field.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
That's the old Mod 85. The only paintball gun to use gunpowder, it fired full auto at very high velocities. Discontinued for a long time, both the guns and the ammo have become collectors items and are not typically used in games anymore.

Edit: damn, beaten to it! Posting on iPhone makes me slow...

·
knows whats goin down.
2,615 Posts
Vintage Rex:
The Model 85 "Dye Marking Tactical Machine Pistol." was designed as a close-quarters-combat training device for law enforcement and military personnel. More of a 'simunition' gun than a traditional paintball marker, the Mod 85 used actual cartridges which housed a .375 caliber paintball and a primer. Magazine fed and polymer bodied, the marker was closely styled after the Ingram MAC-10 sub-machine gun, right down to the fully automatic operation (the gun was available as either a semi-auto or full-auto).

The gun was known to be incredibly loud (technically being a firearm), wildly inaccurate, and terrifying to be on the receiving end of (yet a true crowd pleaser at the chrono station due to the noise, smoke, sparks and incredible cyclic rate of approximately 1200rpm). Banned from fields due to its extremely high velocities (reportedly around 400 fps), the Mod 85 saw little use on paintball fields, and is now considered more of a novelty gun, especially given the lack of ammunition for it.
Mod 85

·
Registered
1 Posts
I havn't played paintball for 20 years, but my favorite gun in the late 80s was an uzi type gun that used actual "bullets". I have been unable to find this gun on the net, so I'm hoping someone here can help me out. The gun was a compact, full auto blowback, that used white "bullets" with smaller red paintballs. It used no air, but a some kind of primer cap in the "bullet" It was out the same time as the tippman smg that used those 5 round clips that loaded into a 20 round sten-gun looking clip. We used to rent these, and have a blast- literally. What was this gun called, and who made it. - is it still available?

Help me out.thumup:

It's a Para Ordinance mod 85. I have one but no ammo for it. Been thinking about selling it to be honest.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Help me out.thumup:
The name of the gun you are referring to is was made by Para-Ordnance Mod85 I own 3 guns in perfect condition and 5 boxes of ammo (50 bullets per box) I will sell the guns $300 each and $100 each box of ammo.
NOTE: THESE GUNS WERE NEVER ALLOWED ON PAINT BALL FIELDS, at close range, they could severely injure a player. William Kennedy
[email protected]
415 913 0292 (text)
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Gas

mod85. $300.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts