Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys. Like it says above i'm an older guy getting back into paintball after playing a few times 15+ years ago. My kids are getting to the age where they can play now so I've bought 3 guns so we can all go and play. I currently have 2 A-5's and and older 98 Custom. Is there a way to tell when they were made? If not do I have to worry about buying rebuild kits & accessories since they were all built the same? I've already noticed there is a difference between the A-5's and I know the newer 98's look different the my 98 but I am unsure if it's just case is different but the internals are the same. I bought all 3 off eBay and have less $210 bucks in all 3 of them plus multiple custom barrels so I hope I did OK on them. The last A-5 is currently on it's way to me but was purchased with the understanding it works as new. I'll know more next week when it shows up. My other A-5 and 98 Custom work great so I'm hoping the new A-5 will show up and work like the others.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
You can give Tippmann a call with the serial numbers and they can tell you when the markers were made. I don't believe there were any differences between A5 parts but the 98 series has had a few revisions over the years so while most upgrades should be fine be aware that not all 98s are the same.

·
Law
622 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts