Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
12,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody been on the net 10 years ago? Back when 500mhz was fast and burning cds was unheard of...

When 56k was fast and downloading music was downloading short wav clips from one-page scrolling websites..

yeah, I was there.

And you know what wasn't there? Spyware.. Ads..

The internet is just one big billboard nowadays. If you search for something and use the terms "free", good luck finding anything free.

Remember when cell phones were huge? Remember when they rang, not rap? Now you see commercials appealing to teenage pansies with dancing fat rhinos and bad music. Text 1337 for this sweet ringtone!

I tell you, it sucked waiting 5 minutes to boot up, and it sucked having a cell phone almost as big as your home phone (which had a cord btw), but it was worth it. With all thsi great new tech, comes more and moe annoying side effects.

What happened to my beloved intraweb? I used to be able to use a search engine and not have to filter through tons of irrelevant ****. The internet is way too big.

Now you see ****** 12 year olds coughrorycough running around the net, and while I was 4 or 5 when I first started usign computers, It was much different back then.

You know how everyone kept that "OMg I wish the lounge was like it used to be" thing going on? Its sorta like that. You remember those times, they were great, and you'd give anything to haev it back, but its gone, ooer with, adn you didn't take as much advantage of it as you now wish you could, and you regret it.

You got games like cs where theres nerds from all over the world competing against each other, getting their panties in a knot, and stabbing people over a friggin game... Back in the day, if you wern't playing NES, you could go online and play Doom. How many people stabbed each other over doom? No, you were too busy blasting those imps back to the firey pits of phobos with your BFG-9000.

Anyone remember the old days? ****s changed so much in 15 years. I keep thinkign back to 1990, and wishing I was this much older and wiser back then. **** was so great, and we didn't know how good we had it.

[/rant]

·
Registered
485 Posts
Dude I <3'ed my first computer... I used to always have to call my mom at work and ask her what the DOS command to open the game (commander Keen 1 through 4) was 'cause I couldn't remember.

Then a couple years ago I completely tore the computer apart... this was before I knew how pimp it would be to keep that thing working in my room... :(

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I am 15 and when I was like 5 I used to play lion king games on a huge ass computer which didn't have internet. It was super-lame. I would rather have internet, 30 second downloads, multi-player games, and noodz then lion-king games.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Pyropenguin said:
Dude I <3'ed my first computer... I used to always have to call my mom at work and ask her what the DOS command to open the game (commander Keen 1 through 4) was 'cause I couldn't remember.
:(
SAME HERE. ONLY IT WAS LINKS GOLF. THOSE WERE THE DAYS

1 - 20 of 37 Posts