Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,
As you all know, I tend to be somewhat limited in my acceptance of various forms of recreational pharmacuticals. I try not to be too preachy about the whole thing, but my night last night really sucked.

Most of you on this forum are in Middle and Highschool. Most of you here are faced with choices that you are making, and for some of you those choices are about drugs.

I can't tell you much about the call I had last night due to very strict patient confidentiality issues, but suffice it to say, I zipped a 17 year old student into a black bag after attending a house party.

This did not have to happen. This was preventable. This was a huge waste of an otherwise promising life that was thrown away -- and for what? A brief feeling of euphoria? An increased libido?

I don't get it. This young student was one of those "good kids" who tried something they weren't used to, and they died.

This call is ripping me apart inside -- my own son is 17. If you think that every time I looked into this kids face I didn't see my son, you are sadly mistaken.

Please, for the love of God, please think of the risks you may be taking when drinking or taking drugs of any sort! They are not at all worth your LIFE, they are not worth me having to make a phone call to a parent and have them rush to the emergency room in order to see thier child one last time. It is not worth the pain and guilt written on the faces of family and friends, and it certainly isn't worth the sacrifice of your entire future.

I worked the living hell out of this call and used every ounce of skill that I had at my disposal. I fought for this childs life with every fiber of my being, and I am just as wracked with pain and guilt as any others that knew this kid.

So please... as trite as it sounds... just say NO! It ain't worth it.

Medic

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
It really isn't worth it. There are so many other things in life that are more worthwhile and just as enjoyable. It's sad how some kids throw their life away without even realizing what they're doing and the effects it could have.

I've never been a fan of drugs, but it's stories like these that remind me of why.

-Jinjiro

·
Erect member.
2,323 Posts
Medic...don't worry dude. I'm in high school. I know it seems like most high schoolers do drugs. they don't. I'd say not even 1/2 do. Just let your son know what happened, and tell him why you are concerned. I know it's gotta be rough, but I think he'll understand.

You did the best you could do...what else could you ask for? Hopefully some good will come out of this, hopefully it will make another student realize just how dangerous drugs are. I hope.

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
Kids just don't get it. My brother, back when he was FOURTEEN, drank so much that he was almost in a coma. He was throwing up blood for at least six hours and after he passed out (for good) slept for about sixteen. My stepbrother and his friends just left him in a corner lying there when his life could have very well been in jeopardy.

Your brain can be the most powerful drug you can have. Use it.

D

·
0 Posts
yeah tony.. i had a similar thing.. i did way too much and passed out.. like hard.. couldnt be woken up.. they just left me in a chair.. douches

·
WOO
390 Posts
yeah i've never wanted to try anything like that or plan to, dont even want to smoke :( but you should tell that to like a lot of members of the forum who always go "im high!"

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
medic i completely agree with you (cept the "love of god" part but w/e another thread, another day)alot of kids are stupid assholes and dont know how to do drugs. if people would just stick to weed, there would be soo many less deaths per year

^umm, they are high on marijuana, not anything bad. weed isnt harmful like pills or white man poison. btw, IM HIGH :tup :p

·
NORTHCOAST HARDCORE
6,318 Posts
that sucks man. i worry a lot about my own friends who do stupid **** like that. they drink and do x a lot, even though i told them how much i hate it and how my cousin's heart stoped in the ER for 5 minutes and almost died after some bad x. its stupid to mix drugs and alcohol. if u feel the need to do drugs, so be it, just dont ****ing mix them

also, doing a drug 1 times is NEVER safe. i know of atleast 2 people that died the first time they tried coke

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
If you don't mind me asking.. what type of drug killed him? Sounds like a really bad overdose.

Just explain to your son what you saw happened and that you don't want him to make the same mistake. If he gets pissy about it then so be it because I'm sure deep down he'll take the thought into consideration.

I want to try other drugs, but this is exactly the reason why I don't.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
It sorta sounds like the person o.d.'d on X.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Its hard to see a teen age person killed. Im only 18 and it kills on the inside to have to cut a dead teenager out of a car, because they were doing something stupid(drinking, drugs, RACING, etc...).

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
I know ho you feel medic. when we had a kid stop breating at the pool i worked at things were pretty tense fro the next few weeks. we were lucky enough that he didn't die. I dont' know how i would have reacted had that happened.

you and your staff have my prayers.

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
I would hate for my tox report to go to my parents saying I was on meth/coke/E. If I die thats not how I want to go.

Some people are stupid, some people are just unlucky. But this just shows that we need to look after our friends and that leaving them doesn't make the problem go away.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Yeah that really sucks. As a user of recreational drugs, I would recommend that you know your limits and if you are venturing into uncharted territory, DO YOUR RESEARCH. Or just save yourself the hassle and just say no.

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
this is why i dont like alcogol much. this is also why i dont experiment with hard drugs

let this be a lesson kids. medic- youre undoubtably a good guy, and i know you did your best.. some people just go too damn far. also, views towards drugs and what not tend to get passed genetically, so i dont think you have much to worry about with your kid

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
man sorry ou had to deal with that, im to much of a woose to try drugs, heck i was scared of alchohol at first, im still a little skeptical about it. my heart foes out to you man

1 - 20 of 78 Posts