Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been noticing that a lot of markers are low pressure and operate at about 200 - 250 psi. Is there any reason why HPA tanks are spitting out between 450 - 800 psi? Is there any benefit that i'm overlooking? Seems like a lot more shots could be made if a lower pressure valve was installed. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
the tanks spit out that much then it's regulated down again. The extra pressure helps ensure that it's a consistent pressure going into the marker. if you were to runt he absolute minimum pressure directly from teh source, you'd end up with recharge rate problems.

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
It also keeps consistency and efficiency up. You need a higher input pressure to keep shootdown from happening.

Higher operating pressures are also more efficient. Using 400psi of air with a shorter dwell time is more efficient than using two hundred with a longer one. You use less air with more pressure in a higher pressure gun. So no, you will not get more shots on a lower operating pressure after a certain point. In a spyder, as I've been told, 400-500psi or so is pretty optimal..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts