Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
opinions(my soon-to-be car)

we all know that everyone here has opinions of everyones cars, so lets here them of this one:
(more pics in second post)

SPECS:
1994 Infiniti J30
V6 3.0 DOHC SFI
'Peanut butter' leather interior
Bose sound system CD
106k miles
lovely leather interior
sunroof
sweet headlights(special name that i cant think of [not xenon])

WEAR:
Antenna does go up(replace electric motor?)
passenger side hard plastic cover next to the door and seat is loose
stains in head liner
some peeling of the leather on the door(pretty common)
battery is dead =/(they replace it)
one of the tires was low but they pumped it up.

·
Taking Back Control
2,191 Posts
nice car. Id say, for the antennae, if you hear the motor going, its fine the antennae is just bent and the motor is just slipping. If the motor does not work, its pretty easy to replace, commonly by just removing the plastic fenderwall material. otherwise, great car. the engine looks clean.

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
lastonestanding said:
same drive train as the maxima SE but more horses i believe, its the same motor as the 300zx, but 10 horses less. its the VG30DE if you want to look it up.
thats what it was i couldnt quite remember but nice car and it will last a long time

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
you can probably find a used g30 from 1997 at a dealership somewhere for the same price. my dad just sold his in i think... febuary? it was a great car, great on gas, and was able to ride anywhere. then it got stolen when my brother was in buffalo and the people who stole it ruined it. everything was like burned out, barely was able to drive it home from buffalo. funny thing is, when my dad sold it to get a honda accord, it started to break down the day before he brought to sell it and get his new car. RIGHT when he pulled into the honda place, the car broke down and needed a new engine.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
lastonestanding said:
same drive train as the maxima SE but more horses i believe, its the same motor as the 300zx, but 10 horses less. its the VG30DE if you want to look it up.
Yep, same engine as the '90-'96 non-turbo 300ZX. I'd be interested to see how the VG30DE performs on that car, I'm sure it's got plenty of power for you. I don't know about the Maxima's drivetrains, but if it's anything like the Z's, it's great.

Car looks good, leather looks almost perfect. Only other thing you have to realize is that the VG30DE takes Premium fuel only. Nothing less than 91 octane. Trust me, you don't want to skimp out and save a few cents.

-Jin

1 - 20 of 33 Posts