Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never done it before, but I found a pretty good bulk deal online that I'm looking into... problem is, I've heard that sometimes they break or get messed up some other way in transit, obviously making this deal completely worthless... so I'm wondering, have anybody have had experience with ordering paint online?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Well our team has had paint shipped from our sponsors, which I'm assuming is the same shipping methods as an online store, and we had zero problems with any of it.

Most people that have bought paint on-line that I have talked to say it comes fine, and I have a friend that buys on-line sometimes and never gets broken paint or anything.

If its a good deal, I say go for it, you should be fine with it shipping.

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My friend has ordering a bunch of times (over ten times I think) and he says the one broken bag he got was his fault... I'm leaning towards doing this, anymore negative experiences? Or positive to solidify the decision? :shrug:

·
That's Hot
3,914 Posts
Just don't be in a rush to get it. Let them ship it via ground (it will be the cheapest/longest way to ship) because that's a pretty good bet. When you start trying to ship paint via overnight air and stuff like that, it will almost surely arrive with some broken paint.

If you can, buy from a site you know has a lot of customers. The bigger stores are usually better (and cheaper), but lesser-known companies will do a crappy job on packing it together.

·
redneck with a blowtorch!
2,345 Posts
Alpha said:
Dude, how do you think the cases form your proshop get to the proshop? They have to get them shipped from somewhere.
Paint is delivered to retailers and proshops by a freight company.

Most of us would be getting paint shipped UPS.
Here are the differences
Freight Co usually delivers to destination in less than 2 days. and its packed on a skid.
Freight Co is allso responsible for any damage that they do. (inspect the load before you sign, look for any crushed boxes or punture marks.)

UPS the outside temp is the temp of your paint. the package is handled several times as it is sorted. also its ussually 5 day ground.

I have ordered hundreds (maybe thousands now...) of cases of paint. I have had very good luck so far. 99% of the time UPS or the seller will cover the damage, (packaged incorrectly or extra damage to the box.) If something bad happens, just keep your cool, and give them a call.

break in one bag isn't bad... but breaks in 20 cases... paints going back!
My paint is all delivered by a freight Co now, and I couldn't be happier with the results.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
I ordered 4 cases worth awhile back, no problems whatsoever, it arrived in a huge ass box, opened it up, it was full of packing peanuts, i dug around and found 4 cases of paint. Opened each box up, only 1 bag out of 16 had a broken ball. And i think that was from the factory or something, because the side of the box was dented.

I say go for it.

·
0ld Sk00l
3,773 Posts
[highlight]Support your local field/shop.. Buy their paint!!![/highlight]

9/10 ur local field usualy goes outta business or has to raise prices b/c you buy paint online.. fields main source of income is paint.. Buy their paint man.. it's usualy fresher. garenteed to not be broken, and is just alot better

--Jared

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
bunkertime said:
[highlight]Support your local field/shop.. Buy their paint!!![/highlight]

9/10 ur local field usualy goes outta business or has to raise prices b/c you buy paint online.. fields main source of income is paint.. Buy their paint man.. it's usualy fresher. garenteed to not be broken, and is just alot better

--Jared
Oh I will still buy paint from them, just not as much... besides, I've supported them PLENTY in the past =(

·
King of the Fuster Cluck
2,064 Posts
Psh......i am all for buying stuff at local shops but if online stuff is cheaper go for it. It is not my problem that feilds go out of business beacause ppl buy from online. Heres a hint to the feilds......lower your prices and u will sell even more than the online companies.

P.S. Please dont flame me i myself do about 50/50 of purchases online and locally. If anything i buy more stuff locally for convenience, but im sick of being told to spend $100 more for a gun or $20 more for a case of paint in order to "support" my feild/shops.

·
Registered
49 Posts
There is no field around my house, so I have to order paint online. Haven't had any problems in the 5 cases I've ordered so far.

·
Registered
189 Posts
try flatratepaintballs.com

no shipping, no tax

1 - 20 of 21 Posts