Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brand new here :)

Does anybody know where I can get the plastic thing that covers the gap on the side of the Orion paintball gun? If not would duct tape or something like that work?

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
the plastic piece directly under your feedneck? That's your ball detent, it prevents balls from double feeing. good luck finding that part sold seprately. I helped my neighbor kid find one a few years ago and it too about an hour of searching the internet.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dang. I figured as much, and knowing my luck duct tape wouldn't work would it?\
And yes, I do mean the ball detent, right under the feedneck.

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
no duct tape won't work.
what you could do instead, is drill it out for an autococker detent ont eh other side and fill in the hole. It'd be a lot of work, but thaen agian, who knows if you can even buy that peice by itself.

Anotehr idea is to finda way to affix an o-ring in halfway through the hole so it acts like a detent.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, thanks. Also, the cocking bolt on it is missing two O rings, would this be why it doesn't autocock like it's supposed to? If not then I need to get it checked out.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
yeah that would be your problem.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Maybe... The bolt o-rings I thought were to keep efficiency up, and to my knowledge, the only reason for cocking problems with o-rings would be with the striker o-ring.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmm... Well I'll get it checked out then, just in case. Heck, if I have to, I'll trade it in and get a new one. I mean, they're only, what? $90, $100?

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
oic...

If you still want something similer, a Spyder isn't a bad choice.

Durable, nice looking, moddable, great performers. Good Price/Performance ratio

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hmm... price? and I've heard lots of things for good starter guns. I've heard Tippmann 98, I've heard Tippmann, X-7, I've heard Orion, I've heard a lot of Spyders... So hard to choose... From what I could guage from using one last time I went paintballing, the Icon I used was pretty good, except the trigger was way too sensitive. Anyways, what's the price of that Spyder you're talking about?

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Not sure, but Icon's are Spyders made with sub-standard parts.

The actual company Spyder makes fantastic beginner, and now some seriously competative guns.

I bet you can get used Spyders and such from the nation for dirt cheap, and AV also has some reburb Spyders for cheap as well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks dude. That really helped, I just got back from the store and I got a Spyder Sonix. It's pretty sick. Even with the stock barrel it's almost dead-on for accuracy, and I got it for just under $100.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.