Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.notworksafe.com/videos/vidshow.php?vurl=falluja.asf

so lately our armed forces have been going through some pretty hardcore fighting with insurgents in falluja and other cities. the link above is just a clip of our soldiers implementing some technology...they seem to love shooting off the law rockets..I would too. Just keep your heads up for them

and mention any changes or big moves that go on in the future.

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
I've read that Bush now wants to start f'n around in Palestine. Hooray, more death and destruction!! :rolleyes:
I wish the troops could just wipe all those "insurgents" out so we can get this thing over with already. then again, it probably will never end

·
Registered
833 Posts
well this war could have been over quick but we proably would have faced more problems down the road. Bush is on the right track by show them we arent backing down anymore.

THough we have lost many good men (RIP) they helped serve to make a difference for the rest of us back home.

·
NORTHCOAST HARDCORE
6,318 Posts
maybe i should rethink the marines. nah, if i am a marine i want to see some action. i know i will feel differently when im in the ****, but not using my skills would jsut bother me

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think its good to employ the use of the soldiers training. now when it comes to the idea that your at war then its tough but its like a well oiled machine that sits in the garage.

how about the marine that shot the guy in the head who was wounded and unarmed. he is in court now for something like murder. why is it our soldiers must follow the rules when the terrorist will use every dirty trick out...I mean even a block away from where the marine was a soldier was blown up by a bomb under a dead soldier. these same people would be more than happy to fake death to plant bombs then flea but when we see an enemy they should be allowed to engage...period. these guys are on edge.

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
I think we're screwed either way, cuz the citizens would get pissed if we just swept thru killing anything that moved, but we have to pick and choose who to shoot and when. we can't beat guerilla warfare they way we're fightin now

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
poor guys. Looks like they are pwning though. I like how the soldiers were working well togeter and the cussing added to the fun. Shoot that son of a bit*ch while he fired a rocket into the buiding. Anyway we should win this fight if most battles are fought similar to that video.

·
don't drop the soap
3,895 Posts
BUBBASR. said:
I think its good to employ the use of the soldiers training. now when it comes to the idea that your at war then its tough but its like a well oiled machine that sits in the garage.

how about the marine that shot the guy in the head who was wounded and unarmed. he is in court now for something like murder. why is it our soldiers must follow the rules when the terrorist will use every dirty trick out...I mean even a block away from where the marine was a soldier was blown up by a bomb under a dead soldier. these same people would be more than happy to fake death to plant bombs then flea but when we see an enemy they should be allowed to engage...period. these guys are on edge.
It really does suck that he's being prosecuted for that and such. But I just have to say that we can't measure our standards to the Iraqui insurgents, they're the lowest dirtiest pathetic scum of the entire earth. We have to hold ourselves to an entire level, if we start looking evil the rest of the world is going to have even more reason to hate us than they already do.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im not saying we should stoop to that level. Im saying that when a soldier like the one in question is in battle and is dealing with a sticky situation with fighters who show no regard for rules of warfare. I think he should be given a smack on the hand. I mean jesus he is fight on the front line and apparently is in the thick of it seeing he was in the mix of shooting and another soldier dying a block or two away from the same type of situation.

let the guy off let him know he might have had some huge trouble. we need every good soldier we can find.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Dude that's so awesome I can't wait to be a soldier. <3 for the soldiers over there.

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
War isn't glorious boys.

I think the boys in Fallujah are doing damn good. They are keeping the insurgents out, and keeping casualties to a minimum.

And I agree Nick, that count of murder is bull****. We have the stupidest Rules of Engagement EVER. And also, if he was faking dead in a battle zone, it's his damn fault. If you're stupid enough to think you can stand up and run away from a battle with Marines STILL IN THE BUILDING, maybe you deserve to die.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wasn't glorifying war...I put a little glory into the weaponry they are using just because I wish I could have them at the range right now. I think this soldier will be taken out of the conflict but may even remain in the military...if not I highly doubt he will face anything worse than a discharge which would be damn bad if he was planning on a lifetime job.

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
I never said you were Nick, but some of the other guys make it seem like war is gonna be fine and dandy if they ever go. And it's not. War messes people up in the head; very few people come back from a war perfectly fine mentally.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
eh my family has been pretty lucky with that...every one comes back in one peice and with a pretty solid head still on them.

I think its really a genetic thing. People don't decide to snap and freak out its just part of them.

·
Paintball = Life
503 Posts
The rules of engagement are there for a reason. We cannot just disregard those rules. They are what is keeping us from killing civilians. Without those rules we would look more like a force of gladiators that will kill anything that moves. Granted they do put our forces at a disadvantage but if we just ignored the rules then we would be no better than the terrorists. We value life, they do not. We target terrorists and not civilians, they will target anyone that is an infidel.

As for the Marine that is on trial for doing his job...that's BS. I wouldn't even slap him on the wrist. In fact I'd shake his hand and say, "Good job, keep it up." Doing stuff like this will only get more of our boys killed because it will make them hesitant in doing their job. That Marine was being proactive and he saved the lives of his fellow Marines as well as his own. And he should be commended for that, not punished. If I were him I would have done the same thing.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
xmagman said:
The rules of engagement are there for a reason. We cannot just disregard those rules. They are what is keeping us from killing civilians. Without those rules we would look more like a force of gladiators that will kill anything that moves. Granted they do put our forces at a disadvantage but if we just ignored the rules then we would be no better than the terrorists. We value life, they do not. We target terrorists and not civilians, they will target anyone that is an infidel.

As for the Marine that is on trial for doing his job...that's BS. I wouldn't even slap him on the wrist. In fact I'd shake his hand and say, "Good job, keep it up." Doing stuff like this will only get more of our boys killed because it will make them hesitant in doing their job. That Marine was being proactive and he saved the lives of his fellow Marines as well as his own. And he should be commended for that, not punished. If I were him I would have done the same thing.
ah you just totally contradicted yourself. the marine shot a soldier who was in prone possition not possing a threat. now granted he didn't know what was going on and took the action he took and must stand by it but you can't say rules of engagement are the most important things out there...and turn around and say you would have done the same thing. In the video I saw on cnn they showed them entering a building with bodies on the floor. then he is talking saying one is breathing. then says something about faking and then shoots him. then he says something about how if he was faking he isn't anymore. I think it will come down to being a soldier and he will get self defense. these soldiers are dealing with this kinda stuff all the time where guys are playing possum and then roll over with a pistol. Its always best to stick with 2 in the chest one in the head you know for sure that they be dead. I wouldn't trust dirt over there in faluja righ tnow.

·
Paintball = Life
503 Posts
I didn't say the rules of engagement are the most important thing over there. I was just saying that the rules are what seperates our forces from the terrorists. And I would have done the same thing that the Marine did. and maybe the terrorist/insurgent should have surrendered himself instead of faking death. The terrorist could have had a bomb, grenade, pistol, or an IED (Improvised Explosive Device) and could have killed everyone in that building. And it was a kill or be killed situation. And if I were over there and if killing meant that I lived another day and got to go home in the end you can bet that I'm gonna do my job and stop the terrorists from killing me and my buddies.
You're right, they do deal with this stuff every day. And they constantly have to make life and death decisions. If I thought that my life was in danger from an individual because of what that individual is doing I'm going to take action. And if it means killing then so be it.
As for the rules of engagement and the Geneva Conventions Laws.....we have operated our military under those rules for decades and we aren't going to stop now.

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
Instead of all this talk of "bring our soldiers home", I say "BRING OUR COMMIE PINKO RIGHT WING MEDIA HOME!"

For the love of mike, war is an ugly, horrible, destructive business and I am sick of Dan Rather and his ilk 'arm chair QB'ing' the war. If the media is so hot fired up to comment on the soldiers, then for pete's sake, pick up a rifle and go see what it is like for yourself. Feel the fear that our soldier's feel. Experience the frustration of seeing a buddy blown up by a boobytrapped body. Have them go house to house rooting out pockets of resistance, and see if then you don't feel the same way as this soldier did.

Bring the media home!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts