Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banged
5,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the point?

i just dont get it

theres some girls i know that work at one and want me to come try it, but dont feel like wasting $5 on air

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
They are flavored and such. It has a short lived intoxifying effect and the pure oxygen gives you a boost in energy. Its a waste tho if you ask me. Nothing a red bull and vodka can't do better.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Its not healthier and within minutes of stepping out of the 02 bar your buzz is gone, but the energy is still there for a while longer.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
"You know why they put oxygen masks on planes?"

"So you can breath."

"Oxygen gets you high. In a catastrophic emergency, you're taking giant panic breaths. Suddenly you become euphoric. Docile. You accept your fate. It's all right here. Emergency water landing at 600MPH - Blank faces, calm as Hindu cows."
~Fight Club

-Jin

·
Banned
2,548 Posts
Whoah....I wanna go on a plane to get high...

·
12,110 Posts
Anyone actually know why the body needs 02? It all comes down to the mitochondria. During cellular respiration, your body produces Adenine Triphosphate, pretty much chemical energy. It gets it from glucose, but to get the reaction started to make ATP, you need a photon... The photon excites electrons, and the electrons go through several stages to create ATP from ADP. Well, once the reaction is over, the electrons need oxygen to bond to and create water, so the water can get out of the cell by osmosis.

IF there was no 02. then there would be a buildup of electrons, ATP production would slow and you would eventually run out of energy.

But don't listen to me, I just got my report card adn I got a D in science. Merry X-mas quincy public schools. I'm telling you they're ****ign with me.

·
Banned
2,548 Posts
Hah I actually know what you said...We were doing cells and body structures last semester.

·
Cunning Linguist
2,273 Posts
Alpha said:
Screw that I can use grandpas oxygen tank for free.
Grandpa's oxygen tank isn't pure oxygen.

Oxygen does get you high, but as was stated it doesn't last long, just like laughing gas at the dentist, it hits you fast because it goes straight into your blood stream through your lungs as opposed to being broken down by digestive juices in your gastrointestinal tract, however, it also clears that much faster for the same reasons, so it doesn't last very long.

·
Cunning Linguist
2,273 Posts
Alpha said:
Anyone actually know why the body needs 02? It all comes down to the mitochondria. During cellular respiration, your body produces Adenine Triphosphate, pretty much chemical energy. It gets it from glucose, but to get the reaction started to make ATP, you need a photon... The photon excites electrons, and the electrons go through several stages to create ATP from ADP. Well, once the reaction is over, the electrons need oxygen to bond to and create water, so the water can get out of the cell by osmosis.

IF there was no 02. then there would be a buildup of electrons, ATP production would slow and you would eventually run out of energy.

But don't listen to me, I just got my report card adn I got a D in science. Merry X-mas quincy public schools. I'm telling you they're ****ign with me.

Not too bad for a high school student actually. I spent 4 years studying that garbage in more depth than I care to think about.

·
0ld Sk00l
3,773 Posts
i spent half my freshman year doing biology, where we did that...

Do u know the name of the reaction that makes ATP? Gycolosys (sp?)

then u got the kevlin cycle, and the other thing.. i forget

i know the final outcome of all 3 cycles or something is 38 atp :)

D

·
0 Posts
i hated biology.. a lot..i took it a year sooner then its meant.. i hated it alot. after the exam (which was unbelievable hard) i just got real wasted and forgot all that ****.

and jin thumbs up for the fight club quote! guy loves fight club and donnie darko, clearly he rules. You me and Josh should start an uber cool club just cuz we all realized how much those movies rule.

·
12,110 Posts
bunkertime said:
i spent half my freshman year doing biology, where we did that...

Do u know the name of the reaction that makes ATP? Gycolosys (sp?)

then u got the kevlin cycle, and the other thing.. i forget

i know the final outcome of all 3 cycles or something is 38 atp :)
The Krebs cycle?

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
Man I used to know all this. My 8th grade science teacher made it so simple. I <3 him, he was awesome. Actually we never learned this. But I do know a lot of **** about cells, biology and chemistry.

·
Banged
5,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well, i went

i told em i want going to do it, so they just hooked me up witha hose for free. i had mint o2

it was odd. i did feel a kind of tinkling, and mabe a little lightheaded, but in no way high. granted i only didit for a few mins, but id say its not worth payin a buck a min for

1 - 20 of 45 Posts