Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys use to download what ever.

I used bit torrent for a while but after suprnova was closed down Im kinda at a lose. Ive used imesh kazzaalite ect but most leave me lacking big time. Normally really slow download times even though my connection is very fast. I would like something that I can still get full cds like bit torrent and still be able to download a fast track. what are the smarter guys using here.

also are there other decent sites like supr for bit torrent that I can download with. normally when I search I just see people bad mouthing it and cant find a decent site.

I just downloaded eXeem from the makers of bit torrent and I will let people know how that goes.

Don't come in here telling me that downloading is wrong. Im more interested in getting what I need then hearing about how you find it morally wrong. I go to lots of concerts and even if I have downloaded there cd I will buy it again. If you find it wrong then its your problem so stay outa my thread. Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I use winmx and ares, ares is pretty good at speed and so is win mx *I have cable* but ares is more of a p2p + search engine for other b/s. Win mx can download all types and search for more than one thing at a time.

·
Rubbish!
797 Posts
For whole CD's:

Get an IRC client. mIRC is one of the most popular, but there's millions of them, and you can use just about any one you choose.

Once you've installed the client, set up your alias and connect to a server.

Go to http://www.debateroom.com/ and use one of the many searches to find a bot that's serving the files you want. Once you find a source, it will give you a link that automatically opens a new channel window and copies the ctcp command (or xdcc) to your clip board. Once you're in the channel, you just paste the command and the bot will send you the file.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
I use limewire. Not sure about downloading entire cds, but it has fast download speeds (ive downloaded 5 songs in under 15 seconds before.)

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
dude did you guys see that lokitorrent got shut down by the motion picture association? really blows, they were one of the best torrent sites.

do what allstar said w/ mirc, try limewire and ares, and winmx.

edit: emule is good too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts