Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just think about it. its not. if you actually think about it. its just your mind tricking you into thinking that somthing is bad so you dont do it anymore. but if you tell yourself its not there, it will go away. I got this bad cut a little bit ago and i took some of that hand sanatizer and rubbed it in, and it diidnt hurt.

/discuss.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
you cant say if you ignore something its not there.

such as.....

I try to ignore PinkPaint but she's still there. :p

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
OK let me shoot you in the foot with a 12 Gauge and see if your mind over matter idea stops the pain ;)

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
that hand sanitizer stuff doesnt burn these days :dodgy:

yes, as hard as it is to believe, we have progressed so far that antibacterial substances such as hand sanitizer do not have that sting anymore.

pain is always there though, unless you remove that part of your brain. you can train yourself to ignore it, but that kind of mental training can take months or even years. you cant just decide one day "hey, i think im going to ignore pain from now on." it wont work. for example: monks in india were protesting by meditating in the middle of the street, blocking traffic. people started getting angry, so they poured gasoline on them and set them on fire. but they were in such a trance from meditation, they didnt even know they were on fire, and they burned to death without knowing it.

could YOU burn to death without realizing it? i doubt it :hug:

D

·
0 Posts
ShepardD said:
OK let me shoot you in the foot with a 12 Gauge and see if your mind over matter idea stops the pain ;)
he might not be able to stop it.. but some people can. I still cant believe those pictures of monks burning themselves. I have one of the pictures taped onto a notebook of mine actually. then mental power is incredible.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
paint took what i was gonna say...its not something you can decide, but with training you can train yourself to ignore it..and yes, it is just something that relays to your brain and tells you its happening, but isnt that how everything works?

D

·
0 Posts
paintthecatBLUE said:
monks in india were protesting by meditating in the middle of the street, blocking traffic. people started getting angry, so they poured gasoline on them and set them on fire. but they were in such a trance from meditation, they didnt even know they were on fire, and they burned to death without knowing it.
um.. they did it to themselves i think

·
Since 1923
1,909 Posts
Thank you charger...you get the in on the second floor of my bunker if you ever choose to join

Flash LCD...i hope the zombies eat you first

D

·
0 Posts
Uncle_T said:
i'm pretty the burning monk thing was a self inflcited sign of protest. BUT i'm very tired and dont really want to think right now so i could be wrong.
mhm thats what I had learnt.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
Pink paint said:
Flash i have friends

*caugh* pretty much ever moderater likes me *caugh*
*cough* ur sig is horrible /*cough*

·
Supporter
3,646 Posts
I believe with enough practice and meditating stuff pain can be taken away to a point.
I even more believe that fear can take pain away.
I once had 3 stitches put into my leg, and i didn't feel the pain at all. I was just raelly scared of stitches, and didn't want to have to deal with it.
Also when i had to get the 52 stitches in my arm from glass (some of you saw the pics/thread), there was no pain at all. No tears, nothing. Just scared i had hit my artery and stuff. It actually wasn't bad at all. Just looked nasty.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts