Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got an old halo hopper for free. I just switched from a phenom to a proto rail, so I'm just getting into all the tournament stuff. The shell is white, and i'm not down with that. I know a new shell is only like 20 bucks but I'm saving money for a V-Max (don't tell me they suck, I'm already set on a used one for a great deal)

So my question is, can I spray paint the shell black? If not spray paint, what paint should I use?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dont get me wrong, I think it looks pretty cool. But where I live, theres no spedball. I only play in the woods, so i play all camoed out. This white block on top of my marker would stick out like a sore thumb.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
aight i painted it flat black. It looks better than I thought it would. But while I was painting it, my buddy asked If he could paint the stainless steel braided hose on his a5. My initial reaction was "no way, that can't work. Just use Electrical Tape." But then I thought about it, and it might just work?

Anyone know?

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
I'd rather use heat shrink tubing for hose lines
Paint won't adhere as well to the metal, and will flake off when the hose moves

The heat shrink tubing will flex with the hose, but will tear with rough use (easy to replace though)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts