Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned my A-5 for about 2 years, and the black paint has begun to peel back, showing the metal below. This is happening mainly around the rotating sight, scope mount, and the front of the front sight. It doesn't effect the performance of the gun, except i don't want it to get wet incase it will make anything worse, not sure what to do about this, help anyone?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wasn't worried about the aluminum getting wet, but water getting under the paint, causeing it to bubble up and peel off more, as of now i just have a few areas duct-taped, looks kinda crapp0y but it'll work.

·
Registered
115 Posts
What about taking the shell to a powdercoater? Re-powdercoat it. If you can do it then it will sure last another few years probally longer if its done privately (they tend to do a better, thicker job). On all our quads we powdercoat practically everything, lasts a long time and dosnt realy wear on you. Not to metion you get your choice of colors. Or would that affect the gun in different ways??

·
Registered
559 Posts
JACKH099 said:
I wasn't worried about the aluminum getting wet, but water getting under the paint, causeing it to bubble up and peel off more, as of now i just have a few areas duct-taped, looks kinda crapp0y but it'll work.
Your A-5 isn't painted. Tippmann anodizes there markers. Anodize doesnt lift or bubble up with water like some paint will be cause it is water resistant. Anodises only chips because its harder. Its only chiping and scratching that you have to worry about.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts