Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I just got in a new A-5 with a flat line barrel. What paint will work best with this setup. I'd love to hear what those of you that have a flatline on your A-5 are using.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I searched through the site here and learned a lot in just a little while. It seems that the most important thing is barrel size matching to paint size. I downloaded a chart of sizes and printed it out, great info. Here is where my next question comes in. I am shooting a flatline on an A-5 which I'm told has a rough, sandpaper like inside which along with the hump in the barrel creates the backspin that gives the flatline the added distance. That being said, should I still go with large sized balls since the barrel is a large size? Or would I be better off with a medium or small sized paintball. The flatline seems to be the exception to a lot of common rules, so I'm a little in the dark on this one. Any help you guys could give would be great.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have seen All Stars, which are small bore, and zap chronics (medium bore) both used in a flatline. The all stars were inaccurate and curved while the chroncis worked great.

·
King of the Fuster Cluck
2,064 Posts
just be carfel not to buy ultra brittle paint. Flatlines do not like them.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts