Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have a stock barrel on my trilogy sport and the monster balls i am using keep on rolling out. Does anyone know either a better ball to use with the stock barrel or a new barrel that would be better with the monster balls. I am buying a barrel on ebay and cant do the tests everyone tells me to do, and I would rather keep on using the monster balls, they work in my other guns well and when they don't roll out they work really well in my trilogy too.

·
Let's hug it out
4,506 Posts
buy a barrel kit, it's the best answer because that way you have all the different backs so you can find the right one. Otherwise you could always tilt the gun backwards and fire that way :dodgy:

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Replace detents if they roll out the front, and please use anything other then Wal-Mart paint. It is the most ungodly paint out there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the detents in an autococker get covered up by the bolt after it is done cocking, thats why its necessary to have a good paint to barrel match, i plan on buying a barrel kit but for now i was just wondering if anyone knew of a good barrel that fits well with monster or maybe a paint that works well with a barrel of .69 caliber

·
Let's hug it out
4,506 Posts
yeah kenny, autocockers are closed bolt meaning that the ball is sitting in front of the bolt right behind the barrel, that means that the detent isn't actually being used. It's for when you pull the trigger back, one ball and one ball only stays inside the chamber.

·
Registered
243 Posts
since you seem to like buying your paint @ walmart
Visible impact there (2000 $37.47) Walmart.com : Visible Impact Paintballs, 2000-count : Outdoor Play

RPS Marballizer (yeah there $69.95 for 2000)
Walmart.com : RPS Marballizer Paintballs, 2000ct. Black/Gator Green : Outdoor Play

If you were shooting monster balls (or any be) paintballs @ me the last thing you would feel is me knocking you out. (dont take this personaly monster balls are just crap)

decent paint when shot @ a tree should break not bounce off our local field has banned the use of monster balls because they break face masks because the balls dont break.

as far as barrels go a barrel kit would be your best bet simply put it will be the cheapest route and most effective route to get a barrel to paint match.

here is an empire kit for ($109.95)
Military Paintball: Empire Revolver 7 Piece Barrel Kit - Autococker, Barrels

sp freak ($150 shipped)
Smart Parts Full Freak Barrel Kit 16"

wgp kaner ($199.99)
DoroPaintball.com Quality Products with Quality Service | Paintball | Skateboard | Airsoft Supplies

Update 5-12

I bought some visible impact from walmart today 2000 rounds for $37 (my wife works @ wal mart so i get a 10% discount) and after 2 hours of play I like to say be should just stop making paintballs all together.

For about $10 more you can get better paint that actually breaks on contact.

I was shooting my vl maxis my bro was shooting his 98.

The guys we were playing against were using be t-storm with monster balls needless to say me and my bro didn't lose a single match plus were were making shots in up wards of 100 feet with ball breaks on charlie.

I barrowed a whole hopper of monster balls and i have to say they go every where.

Consistancy is the key to winning a paint ball game PERIOD.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
IF you want a barrel kit get a DW fibur barrel. As cheap as that empire kit and loads better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts