Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, What paint has the best shelf life? I'm have to ship it from the states to NZ (yes it passes through the equator) so it is in transit for about three weeks. The shipping container is reasonably consistent in its temp if below the deck (fingers crossed), but gets hot if up top. Also where I live its summer right now, not to hot (like summer in Denver) and very low humidity. In winter it snows maybe five times per year. So mild summers and mild winters, always low humidity. Anyways, what are the best balls? Will be buying 20,000+ at a time, and will need them to be good up to 3-4 months after purchased.

Thanks

·
394 Posts
I have heard RPS Polar Ice paintballs, are great in the snow and cold weather. I have used many kinds of paintballs in warm weather, and they seem to fine. If you want some good paintball company names Draxxus and RPS are great quality paint.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks dark.angel. Will they work well with 98 customs? Is RPS the same company as PMI? I can get a good price on stingers and they are under the same company name on their site.

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
i've found that polar ice wont' work well in anthing under 40 degrees F. but they do have nice, thick shells. I'm sure theirs other paintbal fields in your country, it may be worth trying to call them and getting their info as they've already gone through the trial and error process.

·
394 Posts
Thanks dark.angel. Will they work well with 98 customs? Is RPS the same company as PMI? I can get a good price on stingers and they are under the same company name on their site.
If you didn't already get this clarified, yes RPS is the same company as PMI. If you can get a good price on Stinger, I would go for it. They seemed to work fine for the one case I used with them.

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
Some thicker shelled paints, like cold weather paint and most low end paint will last longer and get less dimples.

edit- and be less likely to break in transit

1 - 6 of 6 Posts