Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am inviting all woodsball players and camoflauge fans to talk, ask questions and post any pictures of homemade paintball camflauge.

For us paintballers camoflauge is crucial so why not learn as much about it as we can?

Q: what if the craziest camflauge you have made for your paintball gun.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
matrix what do you mean by buzzword?

Any how the other day I grabed a handfull of grass and taped on to my barrel, the blades of grass were long so I layed them across and just used to pieces of tape. it worked but not for long.

Note if you have any pics feel free to post them.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I like the SpecOps digital camo, and the longbow is so accurate, I love how they do "pimp my mag"

not really but the longbow is a mag

·
12,110 Posts
Specops digicamo is nothing more then a ripoff of marpat, and a poor one at that.

The longbow is no more accurate then any other paintball marker. Accuraccy comes from the barrel (the one supplied with that abomination of a mag is a crappy brand), and the paint.

They dont pimp mags, they ruin them.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
The Longbow is simply an elongated pistol magazine on top of a gun. That is all that makes the Longbow. As Alpha said, accuracy comes from barrel (and of course paint to bore match).

SpecOps digi camo is overrated, and is really to bright.

Natural foliage camouflage:
Take burlap strips and tie them onto the gun. When you get onto the field, interweave natural foliage into the Burlap. This way, your camouflage changes with the foliage of the field and you are not stuck with bright green digi camo in a desert area.

·
12,110 Posts
ArmoArchangel said:
The Longbow is simply an elongated pistol magazine on top of a gun. That is all that makes the Longbow. As Alpha said, accuracy comes from barrel (and of course paint to bore match).

SpecOps digi camo is overrated, and is really to bright.

Natural foliage camouflage:
Take burlap strips and tie them onto the gun. When you get onto the field, interweave natural foliage into the Burlap. This way, your camouflage changes with the foliage of the field and you are not stuck with bright green digi camo in a desert area.
Well, regardless, if your playing on the type of woodsball field that has a lot of wooden pallet style bunkers, and you come out the side or top, people are going to see you no matter how much is on your marker.

However, if your out in the plain open, a good 100 feet away from someone, it can make a big difference. When your playing, theres just something that makes certain things stick out (shape of a head, hoppers, masks). Even if your far away, and only see the corner of something, you can pretty much tell whats going on.

Adding natural foliage is the best way to camouflage yourself, but you have to learn how to do it right without "disrupting" nature around you. If you hack down a bunch of grass to put on your marker, obviously the giant gaping hole in the field isnt going to sheild you much. Take what you need, maybe stuff thats already been broken and on the ground.

I always suggest MARPAT becuase I love the Marine Corps, and I did a mediocre survey type study for a science fair that put marpat at the top of a big list of camouflage patterns.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am not to impressed with the digi stuff I have seen, I think that the camo turns into one blob of color from far and near, and it does not break up the shape and contour of the shape. Alpha your right if you are behind a pallet stick your body out you will get shot that also depends how far cause if your mask is cammoed with the lense cammoed and you take a look or even a shot they might not see you. I do think that camo not only needs to have color and shape that breaks up patterns and tricks the eye but it should have texture like a gille suit so that not only those it breaks up the shape but it also blend it in with the texture of the fooilage ( gillies are to bulky and a pain ). I hope I explained it alright hard thing to descripe while typeing .

The other day I made a gillie onto my richocet hopper, it was pretty cool. I got different colors of burlap, Brown, biege, black, olvie green and dark green. I then tied them on by making like a web around the hopper using the edges of the hopper so I could wrap burlap around, and tie small pieces of burlap to each other. I'll get a picture on here soon it was pretty cool.

·
12,110 Posts
No, what I said was it doesnt matter how much camouflage you have. If you come out the side of any kind of cover (a rock, a tree, sticks, a ditch, you name it), your silhouette disrupts the background, and people will see you.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
alpha I got you. What I think the problem is, is that camoflauge needs to have texture meaning it has to hide the conture and shilouette of the body like a gillie suit.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I made a ghillie suit for me marker and mask. I doesn't look to good here but in the field (combined whit my ghillie drape) it rocks. I don't have pics now cause I'm at school, it's free net time ( you know, PBF doesn't get blocket by the filters, cool). But I'll add some when I get home.

·
Registered
225 Posts
The other day I took my BDUs over to a park to see just how well they would blend in with the surrounding areas. I just tossed them on the ground and didn't try concealing them in any way.

http://img395.imageshack.us/my.php?image=45ftcropped16mw.jpg
On the left there's my A-5, fleck camo pants and a dark jacket that's kindof a fleck camo knock-off. On the right there's pants the camo pattern the U.S. used to use (can't think of the name right now) and sitting on the downed tree is my custom camo painted mask.

·
PBF's oldest newb
1,618 Posts
i just have normal woods BDU's, then camo duct tape on my gun. neither of these really conceal my outline in the woods, but where i play, usually either my or my freinds back yard/woods, is covered in tall grasses and brush, which helps more than anything to hide where i am. Really, its just the color green that helps me more than anything. I can sit in between a couple trees behind a bush and pretty much dissapear because it's dense enough to cover me. since im close to the brush/bush/grass/w\e i can see holes to shoot through, but the guy hunting me cant as easily. The initial cover gives me time to shoot first usually, and then i can usually still get some shots off after initial contact, even with him burrying the foliage in paint, because i can find the holes to shoot through and he cant. Thats why i tend to think the place you take cover in is far more important than the clothes you where. other than ghille suits, camo generally does little more than just wearing something green/brown. just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Craziest camoflouge? Probably when a camo duck-taped my gun and put black stripes on it. Oh and that one time I tried German flectar...it didn't work as good as I had planned.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts