Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a resource officer that works at the local school. We see him almost everyday. Weve talked about paintball before and about his 2 tours of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan. He said he had a team when he was younger. He knows his stuff and can talk to you about paintball all day. How can we convince him him to coach us. We have practice every other weekend on sunday. He's not sure if he has the time to coach us. He's on the fence about it, how can we convince him to coach us?

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
Be personable, and let him make his own choices. There's nothing worse than somebody bothering me constantly. Let him sit on it for a while, and then ask him again. If he says no, that's the end of it.

Also, military experience is not very transferable to paintball. It's completely different.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was talking about his tours of duty for him being a responsible man, I understand that real firearms and marker training are two seperate things( I've done both) just wanted u to know he's not some chump who said he played for dynasty but really was on a d3 team and flipped burgers to pay for it lol

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nothing at all I Guess I just don't like people who exadurate the truth. Im proud to say I'm on a d5 team but I've met somebody who said they played on the Upton 187 crew and in reality there highest rank achieved was a d3.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This post is old now, but I would have him come to a tourney and see you guys in a match. Hell, even pay for his admission. But I know I would be more apt to coach a team if I had seen them perform first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts