Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my friend decided to get into paintballing so we each bought a Tippmann Cronus. My friend ended up moving away and because I don’t have anyone else to play paintball with I decided to sell my gun. I was dry firing my gun to get out all the co2 so I could mail it.the co2 tank wasn’t quite empty yet and all of a sudden the cock handle started jumping back and forth and wouldn’t stop till I stopped it with my hand. I took a break because the tank was getting icy and I didn’t know if that had anything to do with it or not. When I came back, it still did and it kept doing it till it was empty. Does anybody know if there’s something seriously wrong with it or is it safe to sell like this?

·
Administrator
14,055 Posts
It's fine, that's what happens when the tank doesn't have enough pressure left in it to recock the marker. Basically the hammer is bouncing off of the valve but not traveling far enough back to catch the sear.

Nothing to worry about

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
14,055 Posts
I mean, could it be something wrong? Yes, it's somewhat unlikely though.

If you have oil (paintball oil) I would give it a good 5 or 6 drops in the ASA( where you screw the tank in) and dry fire again, could just need some love

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts