Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any fields near RAF Lakenheath or RAF Mildenhall (air force bases) cuz I might be moving to that area in a year or so and 2-3years without paintball will kill me. Also is there a difference in the way the game is played over there then in the US.

·
Registered
37 Posts
There are no differences in the rules regarding tournament play, however as I have been told by my field owner, there are tighter saftey measures for newbs playing woods ball. Thats all I can say.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Paintball in the UK

Paintball is probably not as big as in the US but there is a firm following.

If you are into Speedball/tournament etc then I know little, but believe it to be popular.

In the woods you can either have:
the standard man off the street / punter / days, but if you are already a player then I don't recommend it. High pricing and newbies.

Many sites cater for walkons. I would try to avoid the newbie/walkon mix and find the dedicated walkon days (Usually monthly). Check out www.walkonzone.com

check out www.talkpaintball.com for one site which is also the home to a new series of woodland tournaments.

Finally you have the big games. Mainly Sunday one day events, but some cater for you to have minor games accross the weekend.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yeah me and my team are new and have just got all our gear and upgrades, and we went to our first walk on and did pretty good. We go to the monthly ones, everyone is very professional/serious about these walk on days which i really like. Also there are no noobs about (ok im new to having my own team and custom gun, but im not some noob with a stock gun hanging back saying " Give me covering fire!" and shooting my own teamates)<- get what i mean...lol

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm in NW Uk (LANCS), but dont know of anyone or anywhere around here that plays pro. I know of sum cenrtres near me that do walkons, but havent got a gun yet...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Its growing fast in the UK, but not many speedball/airball fields are around yet, if you have a paintball team I would suggest possibly buying or making your own airball field.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts