Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Isn't this supposed to be a game, and for "fun"? I think some of you take this paint ball stuff way to serious. If you want to start a team do it.. It's people like jester who make this out to be some kind of battle over social status. Don't bag someone out b-cuz their parents can afford to buy them a nice gun or enter them in a tourney, and your stuck w a spider. Its a game it was invented for people to have fun..bottom line.:smokin

·
Thats "Chief" to you...
1,671 Posts
Isn't this supposed to be a game, and for "fun"? I think some of you take this paint ball stuff way to serious. If you want to start a team do it.. It's people like jester who make this out to be some kind of battle over social status. Don't bag someone out b-cuz their parents can afford to buy them a nice gun or enter them in a tourney, and your stuck w a spider. Its a game it was invented for people to have fun..bottom line.:smokin
haha. come back when you know me, son.

I shoot an ego there kiddo, and I pay my own way, not to mention two cars, a house, guitar equipment, and 3 kids. And I've always payed my own way. Excuse me if I have a lack of respect for 12 year olds shooting thousand dollar guns with no skill. You'll find out (when you grow up) that life is a battle for social status. Some people have it, some of us have to work for it. So get over yourself. You wont win any friends here that way.

·
394 Posts
Paintball is like any other sport, its competitive. Some people play soccer, for "fun". There is also some people that play big soccer tournaments, and have the win at all cost attitude, which evolves huring other players, yelling at the refs(etc.) Paintball is more than a game to me, it's a lifestyle.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I know 100 people like you "son" and I'm 30 not a kiddo... Just proved my point by listing you prized possessions. I know to some it's a way of life, and you have to take it seriously. Trust me I have played baseball in college. But by "yelling at the ref, and hurting other players" your not being passionate, your just being a dic$! Next time take a look at the sideline for the little kids as you cuss out the ref, and overshoot a bunkered noob. Hope your proud!

·
394 Posts
I know 100 people like you "son" and I'm 30 not a kiddo... Just proved my point by listing you prized possessions. I know to some it's a way of life, and you have to take it seriously. Trust me I have played baseball in college. But by "yelling at the ref, and hurting other players" your not being passionate, your just being a dic$! Next time take a look at the sideline for the little kids as you cuss out the ref, and overshoot a bunkered noob. Hope your proud!
You totally missed the point....

·
Thats "Chief" to you...
1,671 Posts
You totally missed the point....
kinda what I was thinking. Ive never even played in a tourny. Never yelled at a ref. In fact, I AM a ref. Paintball is the very LAST thing I take seriously. I've never once said paintball was my way of life. I have WAY too many other things to do. I'm actually amused at how little you know of me and yet seem to have all the answers. I've shot my own teammates for overshooting noobs, I'm usually the one pulling them off the field for swearing. Not to mention fixing their markers at the field for free when I usually charge for it. So my question is this, what the hell is your problem? You come in here, pick a fight with me, and pretend like you know me? Thats a pretty pathetic "30 yr old". Got nothing better to do than flex your e-balls? Really. Thats sad. If you dont like how serious some of us take paintball, then theres the door. Go to a baseball forum and tell them how they shouldnt take the sport so seriously. See how warm they greet you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
slow down there buddy..not trying to pick a fight. Just pointing out the obvious. I understand the point. I wanna win at anything I'm involved in. My point is some people do it for fun and some for life(just like Dark Angel said). But did you just say in the same paragraph"Paintball is the last thing I take seriously" and" If you don't like how serious some of us take paintball"?

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
ah hahahahaha! you just made my day Mr. 30 year old. Jester is one of the nicest, most informative guys in this forum. what he said is true though. there's really no point in paying tournament fees and whatnot just to get pounded into the ground. I have nothing against them playing paintball at all, but it doesn't make since for somebody with very little skill and pratice to jump into a tournament.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Agreed with the above, don't you love this thread:maybedodgy:?

·
Registered BAMF
221 Posts
trbo, im sorry but im gonna have to disagree with you..

"theres taking the sport to have fun and theres taking it to win,"

what's wrong with wanting to win and wanting to have fun, i'm one of the guys that will try to win at most costs. of course im still gonna do everything i can to win but i love talking to the people that have shot me/ i have shot.. i take paintball 100% seriously but i don't cuss ref's out.. basically what i'm trying to say is you really need an equal balance of both.. those are the players that everyone loves to play with.

and cmon now.. it really doesn't matter what kinda gun you have, me and my brother play all the time and he win's just as much as me, he has a mech spyder, and i have a promaster with quite a few upgrades, it doesn't matter as much how fast you shoot, then how you shoot.. try running some drills once in a while, it won't hurt..

·
Thats "Chief" to you...
1,671 Posts
slow down there buddy..not trying to pick a fight. Just pointing out the obvious. I understand the point. I wanna win at anything I'm involved in. My point is some people do it for fun and some for life(just like Dark Angel said). But did you just say in the same paragraph"Paintball is the last thing I take seriously" and" If you don't like how serious some of us take paintball"?
Yes, yes I did. Because where I dont take the sport too seriously, there are many people on here that do, and I wish nothing but the best for them. If I COULD make a living in paintball, I absolutely would. One of my goals when I get out of paramedic school is to open my own field, but thats a ways away. These are my people, so I'm allowed to say "us" thumup:
And, for the record, theres no love lost. I'm just saying you should get to know us all a bit better before you decide who's ruining the sport, because as far as I'm concerned, you couldnt be further from the truth. :hug:

ah hahahahaha! you just made my day Mr. 30 year old. Jester is one of the nicest, most informative guys in this forum. what he said is true though. there's really no point in paying tournament fees and whatnot just to get pounded into the ground. I have nothing against them playing paintball at all, but it doesn't make since for somebody with very little skill and pratice to jump into a tournament.
gee shucks. I'm feeling all warm and toasty inside. lol. you all just like me for my body :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts